Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Which injectors are these?

Afternoon peeps! Helping a customer out here. Some Sard 800cc injectors were requested for the V2 STI WRX so we dragged some in with collars. They\'ve shown up but do not \'fit\'. On some US forums I\'ve seen people having to modify rails to suit, but Sard assure me that (for their JDM V1-4 STI\'s) they are direct fit.

So, can anyone help me ID the injector and / or rail in this image? Linked because of size:

http://imageshack.us/a/img59/1924/p4ch.jpg

Thanks

Mac

p4ch.jpg

funkytown said:

Hmm I run sard 840s in my v1\4 rails direct fit.

what\'s not fitting

Those rails look the same as yours and were your OEM Injectors the same?

The top & bottom oring sizing is out by a number of mm, and the injector protrudes too far upwards for the collar system to work

Part is 63564 - 800cc, collar is 63534

We are told the car and engine are otherwise stock and unmodified.

there deff v1/4 rails . the oem injector pictured has the v1/4 pintle on it.

the sards you have may be suitable for v5/6 rails as there slightly different (or is that what the collar is for?)

when I got my 50 motorsport injectors it stated they were a v1/4 replacement but they werent, they did fit in v5/6 rails tho .

worth looking into

rex-leggy said:

there deff v1/4 rails . the oem injector pictured has the v1/4 pintle on it.

the sards you have may be suitable for v5/6 rails as there slightly different (or is that what the collar is for?)

when I got my 50 motorsport injectors it stated they were a v1/4 replacement but they werent, they did fit in v5/6 rails tho .

worth looking into

Thanks to you both.

Any knowledge as to whether the STI JDM 1-4 Rail differs from the Export market 1-4?

Optical said:

v1/2 and v3/4 rails are different. The injectors swap between either but the mounting flange is in a different place.

the brown injector looks just like my sard 800cc ones

so in this case the \'injectors\' being v1/4 is correct and they should mount correctly in either rail.

Optical said:

v1/2 and v3/4 rails are different. The injectors swap between either but the mounting flange is in a different place.

Brown is indeed SARD 800cc which he\'s just received. His injector on left.

Just to make it clear - Sard state these will suit V1 to V4 STI. Not V1 or V4.

Fortyone.co.nz']

[quote name='Optical said:

/quote]

Brown is indeed SARD 800cc which he\'s just received. His injector on left.

Just to make it clear - Sard state these will suit V1 to V4 STI. Not V1 or V4.

Yes, those are the correct injectors to suit V1-4, with the correct collars (top left in that pic).

The main issue I had with my ones is the half assed o-rings that Sard supplied with them - they are crap and not really the right size, I had a few problems with fuel leaking into the cylinders past the o-rings. I ended up changing out all the o-rings to decent viton ones of the correct size (to fit in the rail properly) then they were all good. From memory, I also had to cut the small rubber bushes in half (that sit in the injector caps) as, like you say, they are a bit taller on the top than the factory injectors.

I will check my computer at home tonight and see if I have any pics of my old injectors and what they should look like with the correct o-rings...