Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

just a wee trick for the twin turbo owners to try!

2000 legacy b4

disconnect vacuum line 5 and block it up with a screw / bolt.. the result is waaaaaay more pull on primary actually quite noticeable in the higher gears.. 1st is much the same however I don\'t have my boost gauge hooked up atm but i\'m sure the boost has raised as well! have fun ;)

It isn\'t free boosting at all.. if you want to do that then you disconnect line 23 going to the wg on the primary turbo..

I understand the twin turbo system perfectly well and there are many simple mods you can do to help make it better.

I wouldn\'t be telling people to do something if it\'d harm their engine lol..

2000 legacy b4 said:

It isn\'t free boosting at all.. if you want to do that then you disconnect line 23 going to the wg on the primary turbo..

I understand the twin turbo system perfectly well and there are many simple mods you can do to help make it better.

I wouldn\'t be telling people to do something if it\'d harm their engine lol..

sorry have edited it :D

if you understand it so well then what is the af raitos at wot? you don\'t even know what boost its running currently.

buggering around with a factory twin turbo system is asking for some busted ringlands

When it hits secondary it used to be 16psi and around 12psi on primary, this trick doesn\'t alter the boost levels on secondary / parallel it only makes the primary turbo more responsive.. I\'m not sure why your making a big issue out of it haha its not like its going to be running 18 or more psi on primary :L

only issue is the part tellin others to try it .

your more then welcome to do it to your own vehicle, but telling others to try it and have fun with no idea what it is doing ....... do you see no issue .

a 2000 b4 legacy is det prone on nz fuel to start with :D

This makes no sense to me

Hose 5 is the positive feed to the top of the exhaust control valve

What blocking it will do is stop it from being used to pre-spool the primary turbo before switchover and possibly hinder it a bit from opening fully or (just as bad) fast enough when it goes to parallel

Chances are it is just making your VOD worse, making it "feel" like boost hits harder because you get a stronger drop off

It "might" increase primary boost a touch as that pre-spooling can stop it from reaching full boost but its a retarded way to go about it, if you want to raise primary boost then just do it like any other turbo car

There are ways to make your car run whatever boost you want without messing with that aspect of things - and for gods sake don\'t mess around with boost control without even a gauge to see what you\'re doing bro

Marky said:

This might help

B4_vacuum_diagram_hose_10_mod.jpg

The "hose ten" mod is worth doing if anything, doesn\'t have any downsides that me or the other few hundred people who have done it have picked up on but buywer beware as always

Twin turbo guru has spoken.