Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

wiring gauges on a 02 wrx

scylar

hi guys, i was wondering if anyone have tried wiring gauges in the fuse box? i already figured out where i can tap the all the wires except the dimmer. i am using an add-a-circuit and would like to do so with the dimmer as well. any idea which fuse i should tap in to? should it be the illumination fuse? or some other fuse? been searching on google but it all says tap into the stereo but if possible i would like to stay on the fuse box ;D

any info would be awesome :D

thanks,

jack

Depends what the muffler is like, if it is a massive cannon of a thing with like a 6 inch straight through design then it might make it super loud, BUT since it is a turbo and it is only a muffler I doubt it would get loud enough to fail a wof.

So in short, yes it will be louder but I would be surprised if it got super loud since the rest of the system will be stock with all the factory restricters and bits and pieces that keep the sound volume in check.

Should give you a bit more of that nice subaru rumble though if that is what you\'re after :D

Do bare one extra thing in mind though, fitting a super massive muffler (if it is a big thing) WILL make your car 500% more likely to get pulled over by the police/harassed by boy racers.

nah its nothing super big. its just one of those regular n1 types. i was hoping to get that subie rumble as all my mates with a subie has got them lol. and i still do have all the stock stuff that restricts the flow like that god forsaken cat ;D in case its too loud i can fit one of those sileners right? although this muffler doesnt have the hole that the silencers bolt on to.

scylar']

[quote name='SP00N said:

i can get u a 3 inch setup with a 4.5inch tip and 300kw+ support and 100% wof legal even at vtnz or the strictest suby hating wof man

/quote]

Im drooling over your HKS spoon! ;D

hahah u guessed it right bro

its deep but not lod and is pretty much straight thru 3 inch!

seen it on 300kw car as well

scylar said:

hi guys, i was wondering if anyone have tried wiring gauges in the fuse box? i already figured out where i can tap the all the wires except the dimmer. i am using an add-a-circuit and would like to do so with the dimmer as well. any idea which fuse i should tap in to? should it be the illumination fuse? or some other fuse? been searching on google but it all says tap into the stereo but if possible i would like to stay on the fuse box ;D

thanks,

jack

No sure if you have already done this or not, but I installed mine from the fuse box. Its really easy and I\'ve never mucked around with car wiring before. Once you work out with a test light what fuses your going tap (contant12v, ACC12v, dimmer etc) write down the amp number you need and head down to Jaycar and buy their fuses taps.

Makes things super easy and a tidy install. Heres the link below

http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=SF5120&keywords=fuse+tap&form=KEYWORD

cheers

nicardy724']

[quote name='scylar said:

thanks,

jack

/quote]

No sure if you have already done this or not, but I installed mine from the fuse box. Its really easy and I\'ve never mucked around with car wiring before. Once you work out with a test light what fuses your going tap (contant12v, ACC12v, dimmer etc) write down the amp number you need and head down to Jaycar and buy their fuses taps.

http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=SF5120&keywords=fuse+tap&form=KEYWORD

cheers

i have tapped it at another area but will be doing my oil pressure soon so i will take your advice! do you happen to know if the fuse box can handle at least 2 gauges? thanks :-)

scylar']

[quote name='scylar said:

thanks,

jack

/quote]

cheers

i have tapped it at another area but will be doing my oil pressure soon so i will take your advice! do you happen to know if the fuse box can handle at least 2 gauges? thanks :-)

I dont think it would be a problem mate (someone correct me if im wrong) as long as its one gauge per fuse tap