Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

My car f*ckin hates me

This is on my car in garage thread in sig. V5 sti with G4 and map based tune.

So a few weeks ago I had a random issue where the car wouldnt idle regardless of ECT or anything. Ended up righting itself morning after I tried different maps/turning CLL on and off etc so never found the problem. Had the same issue a few months ago with same result.

Cunty news is its back just randomly went to start car tonight and wouldnt idle. If I blip throttle and hold it above 800rpm it idles just not on its own accord. This is ECT cold with CLL locked out and at running ECT also. Tried CLL off and worked one time made no difference the next. All the sensors are reading normal and no fault codes.

Anyway its really starting to fuck me off. Missus said she tried to pull out of stop sign today and it had no go. Guessing this is what it was doing. Cant be sooted IACV as breathers not plumbed to intake. Voltage is fine when started and car off and battery is mint. No leaks on hoses off mani but its just like a vac leak the way it wont idle and dies. Ive tried swapping maps to no avail. It was running perfectly last night and nothing was altered between then and now.

This shit always happens before Im doing something with it as need to drive 60km each way to get a cert tomorrow. >:( Its either saying its not modded enough or it needs more mods - I have my answer but so does the missus.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay its running fine again now. I want to know why tho because I do not want to get stuck in auck or something with a rare yet reoccuring problem. All sensors reading same as before and on one of the maps unchanged that I tried earlier.Will give it 15min and try again see what it does.

Target idle is 900rpm in all maps in ECT cells 60-100. Pre that is 1100rpm. Unchanged between going - not going - going.

When it was doing it it would turn over on the starter, fire then die so no chance to watch it lol. When I held throttle on it didnt fluctuate at all even down to 800rpm much lower and it would want to die. Always sits around there tho fault or not. When back off the throttle and it would die it would come up from -70 to -50 when it karked it pretty much.

• Admin

Watch the idle state in the Link. Occasionally mine goes a bit retarded... it has a few states like timer (when TPS is within idle threshold but it waits a moment before going to target) , target RPM, blah blah.

Actually whats your TPS idle threshold? If its sitting just outside it it won\'t kick into idle

Its weird coz Ive never changed it since dec last year when gcp did it :-\ Well he said he didnt tune the cold start at all so maybe didnt tune idle either? Reckon that would be temperamental like this and freak idle bad/good?

Eight dollar']

[quote name='Roo said:

Idle switch in tps?

Hard to diagnose when it\'s running fine, quick go break it again :P

/quote]

Link use\'s a calibrated TPS reading and then a threshold value to calculate idle switch position

Good to know, thanks for correcting me :)