Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BG / BD Legacy information

Hey guys!

Just after some information on BD / BG legacy's (preferably BD).

I've got the equivelant to an RSB in Aussie and I am after some special bits to get it closer to its JDM origins.

As you may or may not know, Legacy's delivered in Australia are raped of good bits and delivered as a 'Liberty'.

No folding mirrors. No rear wiper. No heated mirrors. Different rear boot.

Now, I am after the bits to get mine looking like a true Legacy.

I was wondering if you guys could shed some light on these bits, maybe provide some photos too... I am after:

- Pics of the factory folding / heated mirror switches / setup in cabin

- Pics / explanation of the wiper stalk (or is it a button) for the rear wiper on sedan

- Pics / explanation of how the rear wiper is wired up at the back, and where the water comes from (independent washer bottle?)

All I can think of for now, but this information to start with would be an immense help!

Thanks,

Dylan

ReubenH said:

Why don't you just get a legacy? At least you have the option of doing that unlike the yanks who can't import. I understand they are pricy though.

Good point mate. Unfortunately finding an RSB is not easy in Australia as well, I have not seen one for sale in many, many years of looking. There are a few Gen2 GTB's kicking around, and a few gen3 GTB / E-tunes but very very rare. They are only able to be imported under a personal import I believe, which means someone has to move to Australia after owning the car for at least 12 months outside of Aus.

So even if I did find one eventually, I am not in a current situation to sell my current car or purchase another one.

I have already changed the engine, wiring loom and a few other bits on my car now and enjoy modifying it and having it there as an on-going project - this is why I have asked for this information as it helps me get closer to my eventual goal :)

gotasuby - That would be fantastic thank you. Would appreciate some input / feedback from the sedan guys too, in regards to the rear wiper.

Dylan

RSB said:

Rear wiper washer is not independant. Gets its feed from primary washer bottle.

Not sure that my car has heated mirrors?

Can get you photos later. :)

Cheers mate!

this is from a 93 BG legacy

sspx0159.th.jpg

rear wiper control twist 1 way for water squirt, twist other for int > slow > fast speeds

sspx0158t.th.jpg

button on left controls the mirror heaters

2 buttons on right fold mirrors in/out

center dial alters the mirror glass, twist to which side ya wanna change

dunno about the back because mines a wagon

Jimbob said:

this is from a 93 BG legacy

button on left controls the mirror heaters

2 buttons on right fold mirrors in/out

center dial alters the mirror glass, twist to which side ya wanna change

dunno about the back because mines a wagon

Thanks mate! Much appreciated!!! I'll buy you a beer next time I'm over in NZ and your neck of the woods!

Just some info on sedan stuff would be appreciated - if the water runs off the front bottle and a second pump, where does the water line run through the car?

Dylan