Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Work place driver assessment

I do all our driver assessments, I look for the ability to remain within the law ( indicating is my particular bug bear) I also look at vehicle placement on the road in particular while cornering,and the ability of looking after the vehicle ( gear changing at the right revs neither to high or low) no heavy braking.

mind you I am hoping as these are bus drivers that they have driven a bit before hand( and no most are useless)

We are borg said:

I do all our driver assessments, I look for the ability to remain within the law ( indicating is my particular bug bear) I also look at vehicle placement on the road in particular while cornering,and the ability of looking after the vehicle ( gear changing at the right revs neither to high or low) no heavy braking.

mind you I am hoping as these are bus drivers that they have driven a bit before hand( and no most are useless)

Sweet

Went and [pretty much as you said.

They looked for smooth safe driving, his particular bugbear seemed to be hands on the steering wheel and not down-shifting when decelerating...

I did reasonably well, only them fooking hands aye...

10 and 2 ? 0r 9 and 3 ?

Lucky you didnt do the emergency response driver, they expected the "shuffle" steering, they can go jump And i told the instructor that too, it may of been ok 25 years ago with crap/no power steering but it does not fly in the modern trucks

We are borg said:

10 and 2 ? 0r 9 and 3 ?

Lucky you didnt do the emergency response driver, they expected the "shuffle" steering, they can go jump And i told the instructor that too, it may of been ok 25 years ago with crap/no power steering but it does not fly in the modern trucks

Hahahaha 10 & 2

Nah he has a colleuge that blah blah\'s on about that apparently...

I am one of those 1 handed drivers (and thumb out of steering wheel - Landrover driving habits die hard)

subieboy']

[quote name='We are borg said:

10 and 2 ? 0r 9 and 3 ?

/quote]

Hahahaha 10 & 2

Nah he has a colleuge that blah blah\'s on about that apparently...

I am one of those 1 handed drivers (and thumb out of steering wheel - Landrover driving habits die hard)

A Few "Mine site" 4x4 driving courses ive done is the same thing. Funny thing, each course provider teachs things in a different way, one will say 9-3 and thumbs in while another is 10-2 thumb outs. Thou ive had a few debates regard downshifting while slowing down....

Rio Tinto used to do a 4x4 recovery course teaching how to 4x4 drive and recover stuck vehicles. Very good course. Now due to HS&E, they not longer do it.

The downshifting while slowing down comes into its own when driving larger vehicles, mainly to do with exhaust/engine brakes, but even doing it in any vehicle allows better control if anything goes wrong like say losing brakes or foot slipping of brake pedal.

I have been driving for so long I double de clutch on downshifts in every thing, its a bad habit in syncroed vehicles but by christ i cant help myself :)

We are borg said:

The downshifting while slowing down comes into its own when driving larger vehicles, mainly to do with exhaust/engine brakes, but even doing it in any vehicle allows better control if anything goes wrong like say losing brakes or foot slipping of brake pedal.

I have been driving for so long I double de clutch on downshifts in every thing, its a bad habit in syncroed vehicles but by christ i cant help myself :)

You just think your driving an old Roadranger box dont you :P

We are borg said:

I do this too :) double declutch / throttle blip on downshifts , old old habits die hard from driving buses/trucks and old 1/2 synchro and non synchro from the early days . also extends the life of modern clutch/transmissions by minimising transmission snap / surge / clutch slip. Also use trailing throttle / minimal braking mostly - extends life of brakes too. :) any chance of a job ? :P

D-Style']

/quote]

Roady\'s are easy to the leyland crash box that I drove from London to Nairobi :)

We are borg']

/quote]

Roady\'s are easy to the leyland crash box that I drove from London to Nairobi :)

Starting to show your age now....

We are borg said:

same here justa habit drivn the car like a roadranger. Even when changing with no clutch an then your like oh shit ,when it starts crunching.haha. Sucha habit

We are borg said:

Oh yea thats another thing he wae\'ed on about, was my habit of downshfting and using the handbrake at traffic lights/intersections, I got taught nearly 25 year ago, you stop, you apply handbrake - period...

Anyway, I well remember driving landrovers & Mogs offroad and using gearing to keep control and help slow it down...

subieboy']

[quote name='ballsrburning said:

My work place have them they get an actual driving instructor to test us.

/quote]

Where do you work?

No longer there as of last month but auckland Uni.