Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Help Split Water Hose

Blake

Ok last week I had the knock sensor replaced in my GT Wagon (TT) and they have split the water hose. I noticed today while driving home a bit of steam so I pulled over and checked and sure enough was some steam coming from under intercooler.

Long story short I limped her home and went to put her in garage and the pipe blew and had steam every where. However just before I got home the engine started getting a little noisy as though the car was low on oil.

What would cause the engine to get noisy, the temp gauge was just over half all the way home but when I started it to move into the garage it was quite high.

Have I blown a head gasket??

Its quite possible mate. I have cooked two mazdas, a sigma and my legacy in the past 5 years due to split hoses and radiator tanks :(

Check coolant for oil, start engine with radiator cap off and see if it bubbles up out of header tank, may notice a sound after driving it like someone is inside your dash smoking a bong, steam coming out your exhaust, car may not run/idle nicely.

Those are some signs, but a mechanic can do tests to see if you have blown a hg

Blake said:

Ok last week I had the knock sensor replaced in my GT Wagon (TT) and they have split the water hose. I noticed today while driving home a bit of steam so I pulled over and checked and sure enough was some steam coming from under intercooler.

Long story short I limped her home and went to put her in garage and the pipe blew and had steam every where. However just before I got home the engine started getting a little noisy as though the car was low on oil.

What would cause the engine to get noisy, the temp gauge was just over half all the way home but when I started it to move into the garage it was quite high.

Have I blown a head gasket??

So the guys who replaced your knock sensor split the hose ?

Then this week steam comes out !!

What BS, You have a hose fail and by the sound of it severely overheated the engine

The noise you are discribing sounds like overheated detonation

Well done !!

Your engine probably has overheating damage !

Why did you keep driving it?

Guest keltik

What happened to the good ol' days when you could drive a car till it seized then add some oil, free it up with a sledgehammer and make it to work on time.

Sounds like youve done some damage. Assuming your oil isnt water contaminated, New oil, new coolant, new hose and see how it runs.

keltik said:

What happened to the good ol' days when you could drive a car till it seized then add some oil, free it up with a sledgehammer and make it to work on time.

Sounds like youve done some damage. Assuming your oil isnt water contaminated, New oil, new coolant, new hose and see how it runs.

Those days are over, nothing is made to last these days....

Optical said:

usually with old hoses they go a bit hard on the inside. If you bend or crush them, shortly afterwards they'll blow through

so quite possibly they encouraged a hose to crack, but it was on the way out anyway

yar its surprising how brittle and crumbly they get with age...i found out when mine blew on the track.

anyway i fail to see how you could damage one of the radiator hoses when servicing the knock sensor? they're miles apart..