• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Looking at a 3.0R

twinturboboy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well good new workshop has fixed the AVSC fault .Wrong oil(and the fact it was due a service)...just needed to have the right oil in the motor sounds like the last owner had been taking it too a Subaru workshop right upto the last service as the guy had shifted address and the new workshop had likely fitted 10w-40w etc rather than the recommended 5w-30w wouldn\'t think it would have been a big issue like the car had not being able to rev out...

Yeah ;D Tints on the inside ...

whats the view on best bang for your buck adjustables ?? D2 ?

I understood they also did a engine flush before putting in the right oil was a completely different motor now it can be revved past 4000 ,,,

Badly needs suspension upgrade ,,would throw some pics up but can,t work out how it\'s done on this forum

10-40 shouldn\'t give you any problems at all. I run Zero Sports 10-40 in my GT and it\'s smooth as silk. Get better pressure quicker than with Subaru/Castrol 5-30.

I had a 3.0l Outback for quite a few years bough it at 30k and sold it at 160k. The only problem I ever had was a dodgy O2 sensor plug. I had it tuned by STi in Melbourne just after buying it, the infamous V-Tune, a throttle map tune not a full tune like Kido does, and even that made a huge difference. If you keep the servicing up to the engine, every 5000ks for me, it will treat you well.

The only thing I didn\'t like was the auto but a good tuner can sort that for you these days as well.

Right yes as the dealer paid I don\'t have the time sheet most likely they did clean the avcs bolts gauze ..so more likely dirty old oil the issue more so than wrong oil

In the car manual they do give you a chart of oil for temps the cars operating in i.e 5w-30w standard ..hotter temps 5w-40w etc

just been checking out the exhaust is so very quite would love to here the flat 6 some more looks like it has three cats...dual 2.25 from the headers to single 2.25 larger centre muffler then split to 1.5 inch dual with large muffler just before tips ....

love to have this guys setup

you\'d probably have to retard the timing a bit and fiddle with the maf scaling assuming it\'s been dialled in for Dacerx\'s car.

With that said it\'s the tuners intellectual property, so not cool to be giving it away to others for free, especially considering how cheap some e-tuners are.

You could look on romraider.com to see if anyone has made any base maps for the 3.0, you\'ll still have to do some work to get it perfect but it may give you a good start.

#awesomedontgiveashit

I dont own a 3.0 I was more interested if it was a possibility or if that was a ragged edge tune as its a healthy gain for a turbo let alone a N/A.

Wouldnt have thought timing changed between same model cars running the same timing gear on the same engine with the same spec sensors. I know I dont run mine a tooth out for giggles. Obviously comp ratio ever so slightly different/gas/temp changes etc I know that.

DacerX said:

i have been getting good results with just my tune, 117kw to 140kw atw with just tune and alot more torque

That\'s a good gain, but sh*t that\'s bugger all power! My boring stock TT Legacy makes more than that, although admittedly has a giant whole in the torque curve!

Do you have a dyno plot at all? Interested to see how it looks in comparison to a turbo.

Munkvy']

[quote name='DacerX said:

i have been getting good results with just my tune, 117kw to 140kw atw with just tune and alot more torque

/quote]

That\'s a good gain, but sh*t that\'s bugger all power! My boring stock TT Legacy makes more than that, although admittedly has a giant whole in the torque curve!

Do you have a dyno plot at all? Interested to see how it looks in comparison to a turbo.

Isnt a boring stock TT legacy 160fkw odd whereas a GTB or the like 206fkw odd?

evowrx']

[quote name='DacerX said:

/quote]

Is that safe enough to be flashed onto any other stock 3.0R?

Sadly there are alot of different ecus that they use, mine wasnt one that romraider had definitions (not many defintions for the autos) for so i had to find a tuner that had defintions that would sell it to me or get them to do a tune, lucky for me i found a tuner in sydney that has had definitions for it and is pretty good. Basically we just email back and forth with logs and then uploading new tunes and seeing how i like the feel of it. At the moment i wanted the auto to actually shift right, and for some more power and economy. At the moment i think im on tune 3 and soon to update it again and see if i can get it a little better. Yeah but his deal is that you send him your ecu rom and he tinkers with it as long as he has a definition and you tell him what mods you have and what you want and he sends it back and you upload it. its pretty easy. He is the only one that i have found that can also "tune" the auto trans. Best part is that he does unlimited updates for the one price as long as your not throwing on a turbo or the raptor super charger.

photo-2.jpg

this is my old dyno sheet with factory tune

DacerX said:

i didnt get at as from research it does bother all.

Yeah for sure but at $200 when the NZ rrp would be more than 3-4 times that I thought why not might only be a couple kw

but as we know it\'s all about the total set-up putting a large intake on a car with a stock exhaust is never going to add much but ...larger smooth 3in intake pipe ,larger filter ,Intake resonator,Raptor headers,2.5 exhaust and of course a tune to make it all work ....

from the study I have done the correct tune and basic mods can add modest amount of KW -30-40kw but more so is the torque esp down lower in the rev range

If I was purely after power I\'d throw the money at our family wagon Territory Turbo 245kw stock easy mod upwards of 400kw 12sec Qtrs etc