Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Seeking knowledge on 555 version limited

Hi guys. I\'m looking at buying a 1997 Wrx STI version limited 555 and i was wondering what peoples thoughts are on the model.

i have been told it has a Vf28 turbo on it (is this factory on this model) ?

has a 3inch exhaust system

"headers" whatever that is ?

front mount intercooler.

has 180thou kms on the clock

has had new rings, bearings, head gasket, cam belt and water pump.

can you please tell me your thoughts on what i have said and other thoughts on the limited 555 edition as I\'m not too sure what I\'m getting myself into

Here is a url to a picture of the car. (not sure how to attach a pic to the post from my mac)

9fHGfiB.jpg

your feed back will be appreciated very much !!! thank you.

If you want something like a "V- Limited" or something theoretically historically cool dont get something thats bastardised.

Really want a photo of the tag to see what it is. That VF28 will be off V5/6 iirc I thought V4 had VF24. A pic of the dash will tell if its V3 or 4 but would guess its the ugly -V3.

If youre thinking resaleable value will go up or stay the same it wont. Stock sti is probably a more popular car and look so much nicer.

evowrx said:

If you want something like a "V- Limited" or something theoretically historically cool dont get something thats bastardised.

Really want a photo of the tag to see what it is. That VF28 will be off V5/6 iirc I thought V4 had VF24. A pic of the dash will tell if its V3 or 4 but would guess its the ugly -V3.

If youre thinking resaleable value will go up or stay the same it wont. Stock sti is probably a more popular car and look so much nicer.

I checked this car out, before this owner bought it, its just a stock STI v3 555 V ltd

running a VF23, also the front Adjusties were toast

greatdanz']

[quote name='evowrx said:

/quote]

I checked this car out, before this owner bought it, its just a stock STI v3 555 V ltd

running a VF23, also the front Adjusties were toast

^THIS. My 1997 V-Limited is 164 of 555. It has the vf23 turbo in it and its a fairly unmolested (from factory that is!) but it didn\'t come with all the other bits that are on that car. Front lip on bottom of bumper, side skirts, wheels, & most of all that f*cking rear wing are not from the STI oem equipment list.

greatdanz']

[quote name='wrxguy said:

Oh yea, Bonnet pins are add ons as well!

/quote]

So did you use to own this?

Previous owner before the current owner, tryed to tell me it was a "RA", to which I shatterd his dreams. by telling him it wasnt.

Nope but he has one which is what hes comparing it to.

evowrx']

/quote]

Previous owner before the current owner, tryed to tell me it was a "RA", to which I shatterd his dreams. by telling him it wasnt.

ahhh I see

greatdanz']

/quote]

ahhh I see

Its quite a common thing actually. People see the roof vent and go "Nice RA", "Well actually"! ....

I have added the bonnet pins to mine for the sole reason of wind. But I have mounted mine on the outsides of the bonnet above the headlights rather than in the middle which in my opinion just looks silly because they aren\'t that far from the bonnet locking mechanism. I\'d say it was plain laziness for where those ones were mounted because it was easier. I had to take out the headlights and grill to mount mine on the outsides. But that\'s just my 2 cents worth! Because its the light weight one I have been travelling at 110 and a truck and trailer unit go past in opposite direction & the corners have flexed and moved in the gust of wind. They can be seen in this photo.

n0ux.jpg

Apart from the wrc/22b style rear wing and Grp A/WRC wing mirrors mine is pretty much a standard 1997 WRX STi V-Limited. I still have the factory bits hanging in the mancave so I can put it back to standard at any time, then those bits can go onto the rally car! :D