Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ADIKTs new whip - need input

ADIKT

Hi Guys,

Pick my STI up tonight ;D ;D

Have a bit of coin to do a few things ;D

Car is a 98 v4 sti (stock standard apart from the v7 STI short block)

-

First on my list is:

- AVS s5 + GPS tracker (makes my theft excess $0)

-

Secondly I\'m close to buying a link G4 (comes with intake air temp sensor and boost solenoid and a boss?)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=673102292

Roughly how much do I need for a decent tune?

-

At the same time im looking to do:

-Front mount with bov

-Intake

-symms equal length headers with EWG (will see you tonight or tomorrow MARC)

-downpipe

-fuel pump and split rails with FPR

-wideband AFR gauge

-Put my REX plates on

-

any other suggestions?

Cheers

ive been looking into the tune myself price is basically grand for final tune,

if new engine bed in tune is 500 dollars then another 1k for final tune.

What about a up-pipe if you\'re doing the headers and downpipe and may as well go 3 inch exhaust if the rest of it is done too. ?

3" TB for the win just make sure you have a free flowing tip some are restrictive.

Def silicon under mani pipe and split rails/walbro.

Could ship FFS up to tune your stock ecu to make it run map based and save 1kish. I wouldve done it if it was around when I was looking. G4 gives you massive headroom tho and are awesome to use.

Hook the WB up to ecu for closed loop its a definite upgrade from stock narrow band.

Clock the turbo comp cover so the hot gases dont heat the cooler pipe that usually loops over top of the turbo.

My 20c worth.

Headers have up-pipe aswell :)

3" turbo back is definitely on the list (was going to start with 3" down pipe and get the rest custom made) (want a angle on the tip haha) (and I want a straight pipe made up aswell for fully sickness)

Would prefer to go G4 than stock ecu

-

Cheers for the input lads

evowrx said:

Btw who are you insured with?

Whats the plans with this car purpose/power?

Im picking car up tonight. Insurance is with NAC

They have a deal with AVS - get a gps tracked alarm and your theft excess becomes $0 ;D

Plans for the car - uuuuum just a street car at the moment (would have liked to get into another coupe) maybe in the future