Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2ch amp for 4 speakers

Marky

Wurd up

I have a 2 channel amp now spare after removing the massive sub box and regaining my boot space and 30kg or so, and would like to use it for something productive.

Pop quiz - am i better to run just the fronts amped, or left and right sides in parallel, or left and right in series (so each side of the car is from one channel)

Has decent speakers front and back, and amp is pretty good quality pioneer somethingorather so should be fine with 2ohm load, I\'m just not sure which way would be "best" as such for what I have

Parallel will give you the lowest impedance and series will obviously give a bigger one. Be careful though - the average amplifier is 4 ohms per channel, only the really high end stuff is usually 2 or 1 ohm. Would hate to see you cook that pioneer. A quick model search and spec sheet will tell you. With this in mind series wiring would be the safest although you will lose some power, parallel will give you \'more\' power but somewhat risky if the amp isn\'t up to it.

• Admin

Just amp the fronts and call it done. Ever been to a concert where the band was behind you?

Most Class A/B amps (which yours is very likely to be unless it\'s one of those heinously rare Pioneer Class A jobbies) are happy to 2 ohms, they just get hot. If you insist on running all the speakers, run the 2 left in parallel and the 2 right in parallel. Unless your amp has loads of grunt in which case run the 2 left in series (etc etc) for 8 ohm/channel

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies