Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

trouble installing new headunit

Andy_Mac

• Admin

for all you audio guru\'s out there I\'ve managed to stump myself on what i thought was a piece a piss job.

the cars a 3rd gen legacy which had an old pioneer head unit which I\'ve swapped for a nice shiny new one.

pioneer obviously thought it was necessary to change their head unit adaptors so had to stick the new one in. did all the needed wires the same as the old one, which is correct to the diagrams i have other than an illumination wire which the old one never had, which I\'ve tried with and without.

upon trying to start the thing up it gives no response at all and the cars clock keeps resetting to 1:00 every time the ignition is turned on.

never had any problems with the old one set up the same way which is whats has me lost.

fr_1035_size640_zps67aff053.jpg

Andy_Mac said:

Actually considering green yellow(red) is supposed to be acc shouldn\'t it only have 12v when the cars on/ in acc? Right now its on regardless

Yes, maybe the old owner wired original \'always hot\' so key is not needed for stereo to work.

But that should only effect when the stereo can turn on and it will have no memory.

Did you disconnect the battery before starting, have you had any sparks/shorts or blown fuses?

Edit: If the unit powered up like that then the main power feed (OEM Blue/Violet) is shorting somewhere, if the ACC or Stereo fuse hasn\'t blown maybe it\'s had a too bigger fuse fitted and melted the wire somewhere?

Got the wires around the right way?

[table]

[tr]

[td]Yellow/green stripe[/td][td]Ignition 12v[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Blue/red stripe[/td][td]Power 12v[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Black[/td][td]Ground[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Blue / white stripe[/td][td]Power Antenna[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Purple[/td][td]Illumination[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Brown/white stripe[/td][td]Left Front +[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Green[/td][td]Left Front -[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Blue[/td][td]Right Front +[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]White/Black stripe[/td][td]Right Front -[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]White/Red stripe[/td][td]Left Rear +[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Red/Black stripe[/td][td]Left Rear -[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Blue/Yellow stripe[/td][td]Right Rear +[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Red/White stripe[/td][td]Right Rear -[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Next thing to check, is the fuses in the engine bay. If there is an internal / clock fuse, it might be busted.