Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Exhaust Question??????

Sub Zero

Hey all

dont know if this is the right place for this but im new to the site and i need your guys expertise :)

I have just bought a 2007 legacy gt spec b and im looking to upgrade the exhaust to give it that throaty subbie rumble :) but ive been searching since i got the car and cant find much :-[

anyways do any of you know where i can look for an aftermarket dual exhaust??

any help much appreciated :)

jesus said:

And the absolute last thing you want to do is slam on some generic mufflers from a franchised muffler shop. Best bet is to trawl Yahoo Japan and bring something in.

That\'s why I said to talk to someone... so they could give you something that would sound a particular way and maybe change the type and position of the other resonators etc.

There are four exhaust pipes on the engine... one for each cylinder. They get joined into one pipe, which travels to the back of the car.

The two exhaust pipes on the right side of the motor are short.. the other two are long... hence unequal length... that\'s where

the rumble comes from. Your car doesn\'t have that.

if you want the rumble you\'ll have to go for a single scroll turbo, which means you\'ll need the following bits at minimum

downpipe

uppipe

headers

turbo

I think a VF34 from a V7 sti may be a good turbo to opt for if you wanted to goto this setup, some of the guys in aus have tried this, but keep in mind that it\'s a lot of work to get it all done.

You\'re probably better off sticking with what you\'ve got, do just the exhaust, and if the turbo ever blows up then decide, as the twin scroll turbos we get are pretty rare to get replacements for.

Haha ok thanks guys I\'m just gonna give up on getting the rumble and maybe just chuck an aftermarket system on just to give it a nicer sound. Thanks for all your advice 😊 next project will be looking to see why my heated seats aren\'t working lol.

The Rookie said:

Haha ok thanks guys I\'m just gonna give up on getting the rumble and maybe just chuck an aftermarket system on just to give it a nicer sound. Thanks for all your advice 😊 next project will be looking to see why my heated seats aren\'t working lol.

Check the plugs under the seat. Also check the fuse ::)

Re: the exhaust - get one of the Subtech downpipes fitted (a few member have had great results) Have a read of this thread http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php?topic=27668.0

The Rookie said:

Hey another quick question would this fit on my car? The guy that emailed me back said they had nothing that would fit my car.

I have a 2007 legacy 6sp manual sedan.

(I\'m just looking for a nicer sound nothing performance wise or anything)

http://performanceexhaust.co.nz/products-page/legacy-gt/subaru-legacy-gt-exhaust-cat-back/

Looks like a decent exhaust (heard good things about borla)

The only thing you need to watch out for is: wagon exhaust is usually longer than the sedan.

So if you put a wagon exhaust on a sedan it will stick out the back a bit

EDIT: do you have a turbo version? (just wanna make sure)

The Rookie said:

Yeh I got the turbo version. So I could get it and just get it shortened a tad to make it fit??

you could. Not the easiest way. I would suggest keep looking. You should be able to find a bolt on kit.

Did he say why that one wouldn\'t work ?

The Rookie said:

Nah he just said he didn\'t have any for my legacy 😕 could you suggest where I could look for a bolt on kit? Seems like I\'ve been through so many websites haha

Contact 41 auto.

Ask him to send you what options he has (really good guy to deal with)