Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Engine Failure ALREADY!

Ben

Guest boostin

Like I said. Next time you get a wiring fault, YOU fix it. See how long it takes you to find, let alone fix.

boostin said:

Like I said. Next time you get a wiring fault, YOU fix it. See how long it takes you to find, let alone fix.

A wiring fault, fuck that, i'm paying someone, as far as i'm concerned there are too many other things that could go wrong while trying to fix it.

boostin said:

i dont entirely agree with you there. its a bit like saying paying $20 000 for an old wrx is a good deal coz itd be way cheaper than if you had to make all the parts in it and assemble it yourself. it is true that itd be cheaper/easier to buy the wrx for $20 000 but its still a rip off. i know its not relevant in this case where a diagnosis is required but if anything goes wrong on my suby i just replace the whole problem area with cheap secondhand parts, its not worth getting most stuff actually fixed as the labour charges are just ridiculous

Guest boostin

Yep, throw parts at it. The smart repair. Ever thought that the secondhand parts might also be faulty, and you've just unknowingly created a 2nd/3rd/4th fault?? I only ever use part substitution to confirm a diagnosis. Its a dangerous way to fix cars to randomly throw parts at it, especially secondhand.

All I was saying above was to stop complaining about the price. If you don't like it, fix it yourself. Once its taken you 5 or 6 hours to find the fault, then another 1 or 2 to fix it, you'll realise 4 hours isn't so bad. Its just luck of the draw whether the first thing checked is the fault or the last.

I've had cars that have been through numerous other workshops that I fixed in under an hour. I was lucky, plain and simple, because one of the first checks showed up the fault. Think of electricity like invisible water. You just gotta find the leak (short) or blockage (open circuit).

my problems havent been electrical thank god, just mechanical stuff eg the last thing was seized brake caliper. i dont know about electrically but i know most of the stuff in the engine bay is a joke to work on in a suby as theres no room, even changing the clutch in a subys a major pain in the arse isnt it?

Guest boostin

It all comes down to what you're used to working on. I've been working on Subbies for over 10 years, and most things I find relatively easy now. One of the office girls has a GTS25T Skyline, and no-one wants to touch it cos we don't know anything about them. You'll probably find that easy to work on.

Subaru's aren't particularly hard to work on. A few of my friends whom are mechanics never complain.

It's the frequency of repairs ;)

If Subaru's is what you know then all good, anything else is alien to me.

boostin said:

It all comes down to what you're used to working on. I've been working on Subbies for over 10 years, and most things I find relatively easy now. One of the office girls has a GTS25T Skyline, and no-one wants to touch it cos we don't know anything about them. You'll probably find that easy to work on.

Is it the blonde one in the parts area? I'll touch it for her!

Guest boostin

What I meant was that for a certain fault you might have 10 things to check. It might be the first item on the list is faulty, or it could be the last. If its the last then the customer still has to pay for checking the other 9 things.

exactly. the $400 bill is quite fair. it obviously took a while to trace the fault to its exact location, all the while tiome is being charged out. no1 works for free, time is money and it just happens that unfortunately your car took a lot of time

Glen']

[quote name='boostin said:

/quote]

Is it the blonde one in the parts area? I'll touch it for her!

So would I haha but to be honest - such a nice person to deal with. Really car competent and such friendly service. Don't get that all that often :P