Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Terrible fuel economy?

So ive got a ej25 manual bg legacy and been getting pretty average fuel economy.

For 55 litres (full tank) of 98 octane.

Around town = 330kms max

Open road = 480kms max

Bare in mind my around town driving is changing gear at 2.5k-3k revs and coasting downhills

Is this type of economy good for a n/a because i feel i could get better with a turbo subaru

Also any way that can help fuel economy? Upper cylinder clean maybe?

Might be time for a super service, air filter/plugs/injector cleaner/upper cylinder cleaner etc, etc. Then an ECU reset, to relearn/adjust. Also make sure you have no air leaks anywhere through the intake system.

As you said, my TT was better than that and I have a lead foot. ;D

Edit: Might pay to get your cats/exhaust checked out too, you may have a restriction.

Was thinking of doing alot of servicing etc in an effort to make it better so will try that.

But what i think is my biggest problem is my ecu is from an auto because i manual converted this car. I made a post about getting a manual ecu because of the fuel maps or whatever but no response.

had a grand wagon as a loan car few years ago, was a 2.5 auto and man that thing was worse then my RS at the time, $120 from hawkes bay to wellington and back, that was when gas was under $2, get better in my version 5 these days

^ just put multimeter on the 02, see if it is swinging back and forth. If it isn\'t then there\'s your fault

Re the fuel maps I can\'t see that being the issue, it\'s not like the autos use double the gas of a manual

It\'s either a dud 02 or haven\'t you had a heap of other faults (like thinking it was out a tooth on one bank or something?)

Just flick it and get a turbro one, it\'ll drop your fuel costs haha (had my last GTB doing 600k/tank plus open road)

My 1990 legacy rs got about that around town and definately that on the open road.

Found the O2 wires all melted together.

Havnt done a road trip since but driven around town a fair bit and doesn\'t seem to use as much