Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Which ECU...

scoob

Hey guys,

Looking for information/ideas/experiences with ecu's. I have spoken to both Possum Bourne Motorsport and Sochi and both have said link G4 storm but thats $2000+

Has anyone used an Atom? They look pretty good and are a hell of a lot cheaper..

It will be getting tuned by Possum Bourne Motorsport I think and I won't really be playing with it.

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks guys

Fwiw i run g4 its awesome secondhand but still cost just over 2k once tuned. If i was modding another ecu id use one of his. Fitted and tuned for half the money iirc and retains the factory ecu which is a bloody smart piece of kit.

Yeah if I could find a second hand one awesome! but they are rare as hens teeth ay. With retaining the factory edu is it a piggy back type of thing? I have never had anything to do with ECU's before so excuse my lack of knowledge

link g3 comes up from time to time on tard me and you can run g4 firmware, that's probably the cheapest way to use a link ecu. g3 around $800 i've seen them go for secondhand firmware upgrade 200 I believe.

ballsrburning said:
link g3 comes up from time to time on tard me and you can run g4 firmware, that's probably the cheapest way to use a link ecu. g3 around $800 i've seen them go for secondhand firmware upgrade 200 I believe.

Yeah I got my G3 for $850 already upgraded to G4 firmware, have seen one go since for $500 without upgrade. Only downfall is the limited inputs compared to G4.

• Admin
 Rosssub said:
Yeah I got my G3 for $850 already upgraded to G4 firmware, have seen one go since for $500 without upgrade. Only downfall is the limited inputs compared to G4.

Don't mean to thread hijack

How is that G3 going btw Rossub? got it all installed and tuned? Havn't really talked since I sold it to you ! Oh btw I found that cable last night if your still after it.

Assuming the ECU is going into a WRX they do a G4 plugin, which is better than an Atom and not that much more expensive. Means you can also in theory revert to a standard ECU without too much difficulty later on if you wanted to on sell the car. I found this the best value for money safe mod to my old rally car. However tuning then does make the cost quite expensive.

So a G3 is a great option, unless it's a wire in job, then it gets expensive!

Either way, minimum budget for a new full replacement ECU and tune should be around $3k.

Hence if you can get a reflash (depending on age of car etc), then they are generally much cheaper for a one off thing.

evowrx said:
Just a printer cable on g3 isnt it so nothing spesh.

Can G3 log with upgraded firmware?

I believe so, but you can easily get around this by buying a race technologies dash, which logs everything.

If youre just going to do it up, tune it, and then drive it for ages then a reflash / piggyback will be fine

If you are going to spend weekends fiddling with it and trying to diy some improvements then get a link of some flavour. If one comes up a power fc would be fine too?

End of the day all the data logging and other bollocks they can do is only as useful as you want it to be

• 4 weeks later...