Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Why u no tune?

STI7

Ohk so ive just been told by St Hi Tech that they cannot do an ecu reflash for me, with the the mods I have. Which are:

Master power 545r

Hks 660 injectors

Tomei fpr

Deatchwerks pump

GFB ebc

Full custom twisted exhaust manifold

Fmic

Tial gate

Tial bov

Do I actually need an aftermarket ecu for this?? Because my wallet tells me I dont...

help/advice/knowledge appreciated!!

Oh true? I will try hit him up and see where he got his tuned. Can I just adjust the fpr to the injectors specified pressure and itl be fine? I havnt driven the car yet. But just waiting on a few things then tune

STI7 said:
Oh true? I will try hit him up and see where he got his tuned. Can I just adjust the fpr to the injectors specified pressure and itl be fine? I havnt driven the car yet. But just waiting on a few things then tune

Nope thats rangi as f. Torque could do it and imagine gcp can too. Raijin would have no problem doing it and bloody good value.

kwi_fozze said:
Injector latancy can be adjusted in stock ecu, and fuel pressure isnt monitored by ecu iirc

Sochi hates subaru tuning. 9 times out of 10 he'll say no.

I'd have a chat to raijin, he's bloody good, and a damn good price

Oh I see now haha. He (soichi) sure did cut me off in the emails!

evowrx said:
Nope thats rangi as f. Torque could do it and imagine gcp can too. Raijin would have no problem doing it and bloody good value.

The only thing GCP can do these days is sell you a house. He's no longer a choice for tuning.

i only know of one person who's managed a tune from him, and he was reluctant to do it, even then. its not a bad tune...

next port of call (IMHO) would be to pappu (spoon) as he does a pretty good road tune, or save the pennys and go to GCP

last i was aware of, torque used ecutek for their tuning, which has to be licenced, and locks the factory computer so only they can ever adjust the tune, even with the fancy kit that wingers have, they can't even pull fault codes once its been locked. (turns all 16 bit ecu's into bricks if you loose contact with the tuner, or they loose your license key, so thats all v7,8, and 9 subarus)

kwi_fozze said:
Injector latancy can be adjusted in stock ecu, and fuel pressure isnt monitored by ecu iirc

Sochi hates subaru tuning. 9 times out of 10 he'll say no.

I'd have a chat to raijin, he's bloody good, and a damn good price

This!

Fuel pressure isnt monitored by the ecu, if your gonna up the pressure the fueling tables needs to adjusted.

It seems like every freaking tuner in nz with a shop is out their make their cut on link ecu's. I cringe everytime someone recommends a link ecu for a fairly modern car. You know when they say your ecu cant be done? Its a subtle way of saying they have no experience with the subaru stock ecu tuning and if they take your car on they'll basically have no idea what the **** they're doing.

Ive been e-tuned by IAG, they arent nz based.

I suggest you look at Dynotech Industries, Phil knows what the **** his doing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dynotech-Industries/509938849041709

kris_pran said:
This!

Fuel pressure isnt monitored by the ecu, if your gonna up the pressure the fueling tables needs to adjusted.

It seems like every freaking tuner in nz with a shop is out their make their cut on link ecu's. I cringe everytime someone recommends a link ecu for a fairly modern car. You know when they say your ecu cant be done? Its a subtle way of saying they have no experience with the subaru stock ecu tuning and if they take your car on they'll basically have no idea what the **** they're doing.

Ive been e-tuned by IAG, they arent nz based.

I suggest you look at Dynotech Industries, Phil knows what the **** his doing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dynotech-Industries/509938849041709

Your etuned and safely pushing 300wkw- on vd with a gt3071 in nz? Thats pretty impressive.

Its reading a tad more then 300kw on vd, ive learnt to take vd results with a pinch of salt. Tuner was impressed but wasn't surprised with the results it made on airboy dyno. Not out of the norm though, blouch units are kick ass.

It does however eat alot high powered 280+kw evo's but thats another story id rather not discuss on the forums. The real test is when i take it out to masterton track for the 4/6cyl drag event.

GCP fudges dyno numbers to impress customers. *you heard it here first*

kris_pran said:
Its reading a tad more then 300kw on vd, ive learnt to take vd results with a pinch of salt. Tuner was impressed but wasn't surprised with the results it made on airboy dyno. Not out of the norm though, blouch units are kick ass.

It does however eat alot high powered 280+kw evo's but thats another story id rather not discuss on the forums. The real test is when i take it out to masterton track for the 4/6cyl drag event.

GCP fudges dyno numbers to impress customers. *you heard it here first*

I agree on the gcp front documented from my tune 2 years ago. Went 227wkw but didnt feel like it. Tune felt like it was about spool and power and lacked the niceties of a daily tune.

Off topic but do you have headwork and is it stock location with 3in inlet?