Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Are nz'ers pussies?

• Admin
 evowrx said:
No ej25 should ever be pushed with a vf. Even at stock boost pressures and the cat only makes it so much worse. Wonder why theyre mire unreliable in stock form than with a decent flowing turbo. Head studs well they def dont seem to be cause of failure on the gnarlier stock longblocks over there but even rexleggy had heads lifting didnt he with the smaller arp's?

I think it's fairly well established that the longterm reliability of the head gasket is not great beyond about 26psi, with only the clamping force of the stock head studs available to it.

EJ25x with a small VF = recipe for knock, and the standard pistons just fall to pieces after a few good knock events.

Turbine housing is just too small to evacuate the gasses from that motor (tbh they're too small for the 2.0 when you start to push it even a little bit) and the high egbp = higher cylinder temps = knock knock knock

To add to this, I think there is also a different culture in NZ - we don't crow like American's, so there are people out there making big power, just you don't hear about it. But you do see it if you go to race tracks or know the tuners, just they aren't out on forums bragging, they are most likely out there busy working to earn the money to make the power. In America it's more important to them to talk about it, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, it helps other people learn from their successes and failures...

But for a road car, big power is pointless, you can use it on a highway in America (well maybe not an LA motorway in the daytime!), but on the average NZ road it will soon throw you off if you have big power I would imagine...

PS, I agree with Loren and Sam, building a motor to then not get to use it fully seems like a waste to me. But I am a one eyed bastard like them. Now it must be my turn to get the shotgun and go out...

Also one thing to remember is that us whp figures are almost all over inflated, as are the uk bhp figures. Once one tuning outfit tweaks the numbers all the others have to follow or be left behind on the forums. I see guys running 35psi on evo 9 td05s, in the real world the thrust load will quickly kill that turbo, but they dontbrag about it, so you get the impression its normal