Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

AVO cast downpipe bellmouth

Andy_Mac

• Admin

210-220 depending how generous the dyno is.

That's why there's no point doing an exotic downpipe or anything like that, since you will achieve those power levels with a very boring item and it will all be replaced if you ever want more power than that.

• Admin

Alright. So best bet would be to find something with a standard flange thats easily upgradable but isn't completely underutilised on a stock open block. A complete turbo change isn't something I can see happening for atleast 6months, intercooler then catback is next up on the list if a new downpipe isn't worthwhile.

boon said:
Feck the stock turbine housing, waste of time. Go big or go home, otherwise you'll be spending almost the same money for bugger all gain.

Anything that fits Subaru stock flanges is basically a Barbie-doll hairdryer.

EDIT: With the exception of a few American Garret hybrid thingers but none of them fit Legacies anyway.

Crap. The yellow coupe ran a 7cm rear housing with a 6h turbine and made good power without nos/meth. Cam timing/header design have huge effect.

Mitzi i know hut the fastest gsr in nz ran a .38ish at one point with big turbine - murch hybrid. Also combo that has great results in states is 6cm rear/td06h turbine cracker spool with no losses up top.

• Admin
 evowrx said:
Crap. The yellow coupe ran a 7cm rear housing with a 6h turbine and made good power without nos/meth. Cam timing/header design have huge effect.

Mitzi i know hut the fastest gsr in nz ran a .38ish at one point with big turbine - murch hybrid. Also combo that has great results in states is 6cm rear/td06h turbine cracker spool with no losses up top.

That car was some sort of unicorn magic thing, there's a reason it still gets crapped on about how many years later.

I bet it would have gone even faster with a GTX or a BW EFR or, dare I say it, a HX35.

boon said:
That car was some sort of unicorn magic thing, there's a reason it still gets crapped on about how many years later.

I bet it would have gone even faster with a GTX or a BW EFR or, dare I say it, a HX35.

Ran a 10 period. Brett lee sang went 10 with 330wkw odd and fck all mod. Seems to take 300wkw plus mighty fine stick throwing to pull a 10. I dont care much for a dyno figure. 10.7 or whatevers quick compared to a 10.9.

• Admin

Can't see why a 3inch wouldn't fit. Know 3inch inlets just make it under the manifold. I'll do some research to be sure but the aussies and yanks run some pretty large ones in stock positions.

Do 7/8cm twinscroll TD06 housings exist for subaru fitment? Kinugawa only seem to do 10cm ones for the twinscrolls and 7/8cm for single

Edited by Andy_Mac

• Admin

I do quite fancy the subtle noise the twinscrolls make as opposed to the typical Subaru noise. Need new headers, uppipe and downpipe either way so just gonna go straight for the TD06SL2 and get some twinscroll STI headers and uppipe, then get a better shortblock at some point in the future to make the most from the turbo.

Big thanks to Evowrx for spending the time in the background getting me a bit more clued up on what I should be going for.

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Back thinking about downpipes again. Now realise I have access to someone pretty handy with the old welder and can weld most things so considering making one up myself since nobody see's it so doesn't have to be particularily pretty. Can either then sell it when I change turbo's or whip the head off and make a different one for the different flange

Question 1, is it worth going for all mandrel bends or is just angled cut pipe going to behave roughly the same for some of the looser bends. Fairly sure the head will need mandrel bends or it'll be messy as F at the opening. Did see someone on here a few weeks back with a sweet looking one made from cut pieces but imagine the welding cost adds up to more than a mandrel bent piece.

Question 2, anywhere in particular to get exhaust parts from, other than say the local guy who will probably charge a fair bit since he isn't getting the work. See redline does it and some company called Chase who doesn't list any pricing.