RAYDEO

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boostin
 RAYDEO said:

was fun, went for a wee drive and some japineese food.... OM NOM NOM

Lol, I love your spelling, or lack of, Ray.

Any pics??

• Admin
 boostin']

[quote name='RAYDEO said:

was fun, went for a wee drive and some b]japineese[/b] food.... OM NOM NOM

Lol, I love your spelling, or lack of, Ray.

Any pics??

we all know i cant spell...

i got a few pics on nicks car as we drive back up the motorway but nothing really to speak of..

MINTGTB']

[quote name='Jimbob said:

i can pencil in unavailiable at work on 1st fri of the month xD

/quote]

wouldn't matter to you Mr. CEL 12 and 66 :D :D

:(

at least its been productive, rebuilt a brake caliper and 2x as many parts (found out kit was for 2 calipers)

and i washed my car

grr cars too low, need to use a scissor jack to get the trolley jack under it

speaking of cel whats simplest things to test before i click buynow on a vf18/19 combo ^^

Jimbob']

[quote name='Jimbob said:

i can pencil in unavailiable at work on 1st fri of the month xD

/quote]

wouldn't matter to you Mr. CEL 12 and 66 :D :D

:(

at least its been productive, rebuilt a brake caliper and 2x as many parts (found out kit was for 2 calipers)

and i washed my car

grr cars too low, need to use a scissor jack to get the trolley jack under it

speaking of cel whats simplest things to test before i click buynow on a vf18/19 combo ^^

Post it up in Engine and see what some of the mechanics on here say.. ! CEL66 is to do with ya sequential twin-turbo system, so it could be a pricey fix? :-\ and CEL12 is starter switch.. it could just be an electrical glitch, you could try resetting ya ECU and plugging your diagnostic CEL plugs below ya dash to see if they flash back at ya..

stolen from an ichi ban post, and if it fixes the prob then you owe him... ;)

most 66's are caused by failure of secondary BOV, they develop a vac leak internally (this triggers CEL when the vac tank empties out when under load) ie no engine vac

Primary BOV failure will also cause this code, and the car will only have a small amount of boost (4-5 psi normally)

Primary turbo wastegate seizing is another primary cause for 66

Some other items you need to check

Vac tank - is it still there or has some pannel beater thrown it away

Hose to vac tank - check it for leaks, often is damaged in small frontal impacts

Good luck -- The secrets are out

For every car this fixes please send me $1,000,000.00 in cash :)

dubbedup said:

stolen from an ichi ban post, and if it fixes the prob then you owe him... ;)

most 66's are caused by failure of secondary BOV, they develop a vac leak internally (this triggers CEL when the vac tank empties out when under load) ie no engine vac

Primary BOV failure will also cause this code, and the car will only have a small amount of boost (4-5 psi normally)

Primary turbo wastegate seizing is another primary cause for 66

Some other items you need to check

Vac tank - is it still there or has some pannel beater thrown it away

Hose to vac tank - check it for leaks, often is damaged in small frontal impacts

Good luck -- The secrets are out

For every car this fixes please send me $1,000,000.00 in cash :)

You ain't worthy of the money.. you just plagarised his post! shame! C'mon dubby.. sharpen aye! :D

buying 2nd hand turbos in unknown condition from trademe is throwing your money away..

and damn, my bos was being kind and offered me this friday off.... grrrr

lets plan next one in advance and see who can commit. i'm thinking middlemarch? whats to do out there? lol

what about dinner at that pub on the way to great moss swamp... where the brass monkey is held?

I'm keen for a good run now that the car is working properly. Had to go to Timaru to pick up a washing machine last Saturday so I chucked a bottle of lifter cleaner in the oil and about 15 minutes out of Dunedin the car was running quiet and I have full boost back.