• Raised $0.00

Opinion on this Legacy GTB

Subru

Just now, KwS said:

isnt that what we are all here for?

yeah, its not that sad... xD

On 22/09/2016 at 7:23 PM, Andy_Mac said:

3rd gen is E for sedan and H for wagon.

Rev D's are basically just the last revision to the vehicle so most things that were wrong with the older ones were ironed out. Even without a tune the rev D's are way nicer to drive.

Notice the different light design, mainly indicator area. Probably the easiest way to tell it's a rev D

https://trademe.co.nz/1165591466

I just took another look at this rev D on that link and its cheaper than the other one which was not rev D and it has less kms and it seems to be in okay condition, why is it so cheap?  xD

Would it be a car to consider getting?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/1165591466

You can have my modified 2002 Blitzen manual for $4k.  Has 210km on the clock but goes about as well as a TT ever will.

Downpipes, FMIC, Prova suspension, whiteline swaybars, rays wheels, front and rear upper and lower braces, ECU tune and putting out about 200kwkw.  Basically fully loaded.

I really need to get around to washing it and putting up a for sale heh.

Edited by GorGasmSpecB
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, GorGasmSpecB said:

You can have my modified 2002 Blitzen manual for $4k.  Has 210km on the clock but goes about as well as a TT ever will.

Downpipes, FMIC, Prova suspension, whiteline swaybars, rays wheels, front and rear upper and lower braces, ECU tune and putting out about 200kwkw.  Basically fully loaded.

Sounds like a bloody good deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GorGasmSpecB said:

oh thats nice. I always get scared when I see over 150kms on the clock... what are turbo subarus like when they get high kms?

It isn't a perfect car by any stretch of the imagination but it is clean and tidy and "goz hard 4 wot it iz".

I haven't had any major mechanical issues with it and I have had it for about 3 years.  Cambelt, waterpump and that associated stuff is all done.

They seem to just keep going...

On 24/09/2016 at 8:32 AM, Dazz01 said:

oh thats nice. I always get scared when I see over 150kms on the clock... what are turbo subarus like when they get high kms?

My car makes around the same power and has 199kms, still drives nicely - the dodgiest thing about it is the paintwork. 

What do you want a Legacy for? If you just want a cheap car that is turbo you are much better off getting a GC8/GF8 as there is a lot less to go wrong with them. Although a higher percentage has been abused I would imagine. And although Rev D is better according to the anoraks, they are only better if the engine isn't detonating itself to death, which they do in stock form...

A wee while ago I bought a Rev A BH5 and it's done a few kays and isn't mint. But for 3k, it's pretty quick and does great handbrake turns. And fits heaps of tyres inside. So fits the practicality bill, especially compared to any Impreza. However, it's also heavier and harder to drive fast than a GC8. So if you want something practical with some go, great option. If you want something to mod, drag race, go to the track in etc. Then go GC8 every day.