Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

cert plates do and don'ts

nztintin

QRAF said:

yeah i just had to get two new tires due to inside wear cost $99 to get the tires switched over and wheel alignment at toptown took half an hour.

looking good too why not get a cert that low? I've been told to lower my car as low as i can for the cert in case you ever want to sell it you can lower it again and it'll be legal.

because you can only adjust +\-5%, that gives me 16mm up or down, and my car is certed at 330mm, pretty high for a cert!

yeah all good i know it's another case of his to his own but whats the goes about there not being no more than 25 degrees angle on the arms?

wow tintin 330mm was that from the ground to where? sump? i really want to see your ride since your mods aye.

mine measures 125mm on the sideskirts now so i know i can still lower it somemore its just my 18's fill the gaurds and rub at the mo.

I'm thinking off getting it certed on the 16" mags this wouldn't be an issue.

sorry to hi jack.

they measure from the centre of the hub to the guard so that will be his 330 measurement not to his sump lol..

Thats how they record it on the cert plate..

Il prob have it about this height maybe a tad higher in the rear....not to sure yet till i take for a drive...

If you get certed wtih 16s then get pulled up with 18s the cop will hand you your arse on a plate if he feels the need...

ok glad i asked i thought you were allowed to 2mm difference in the diameter of the wheel just like the +-5% on the height?

ok 330mm from the center of the hub to the guard cool i'll measure mine is that the top of the guard inside or the top of the rim

thanks for this you never know till you ask.

yup and the cop can do you for after market wheels too if your certed on oem rims, definatly chat with the cert guy and brown nose heaps, the guy that did mine was a real good dude and wrote everything in a way i can do more stuff and it will still be within the limits of cert ie i'm certed for 17x7 wheels even tho they are a oem item, same with seats and other things.

nt_a_foz']

[quote name='funkytown said:

**** so running 18's requires a cert?!

/quote]

nooooooo...

misread chap haha

if your certed say on 16z and then running 18s then your outside the scope of your cert

yer nah fair play, i like qraf just asking the questions about what does and doesnt need certing and how etc. Im yet to go down that path. haha a tricky one it is

instead of taking over someones topic i want to ask the do's and don't of the cert plate 2009 version as such as i'm not up with the play and i want to do it in the future and want to do it right 1st time.

basically want the does and don't of getting your car certified whose got one anything you've learnt and would do next time?

if i cert it for everything but later on want to remove bits and or pieces especially if i get a link later on do i have to get it re cert'ed?

and i heard it was 2 inch tolerance on wheel sizes is that only on factory wheels?

Im getting the following certed hopeufly...

FMIC,

Exhuast,

BOV,

Wheels,

Adjustables,

Gauges,

Motor conversion (even though technically its from the same family and displacement and power from factroy) but has increase in power over 20 percent threshold..

QRAF said:

i heard it was a 25% increase as the brakes need to be able to stop yah but i'm sure the 4pots will be fine.

yeah thats the exact reason why...People putting rotarys into a van say and leaving standard shitty brakes is a prime example of the reason why there is this rule

and yeah i guess the 4 pots would be sweet i assume they just wind the car up on some brake rollers and check it brakes fine???

nt_a_foz']

[quote name='QRAF said:

i heard it was a 25% increase as the brakes need to be able to stop yah but i'm sure the 4pots will be fine.

/quote]

yeah thats the exact reason why...People putting rotarys into a van say and leaving standard ****ty brakes is a prime example of the reason why there is this rule

and yeah i guess the 4 pots would be sweet i assume they just wind the car up on some brake rollers and check it brakes fine???

Down here (dunedin) the cert guys take your car for a drive and test the brakes at 100k 3 or 4 times and at 50k 3 or 4 times, if they stop within the designated range they wil;l pass, yes factory 4pots will be suffient, i had shitty toyota disc and factory drums pass :)

nt_a_foz said:

link isnt a cert issue

Non OEM computer is a cert issue last time i checked. Though i didn't get mine certed and never had an issue with it.

I also never had a problem running 17x7.5's when the car was certed for 18x8s. But it was on my mind.

i got certed

Larger tmic

bov

exhaust

adjusties

steering rack (quicker version than standard)

wheels (larger than standard)

seats (wrx but certed as "race seats")

gauges

Momo steering wheel (even though standard gives room for changes)

strut braces front and rear

under car bracing

body kit (larger scoop, standard flares but stated as body kit)

tints...

i think thats it, things in bold are on the plate, the rest is just on documentation which is kept in the car

TURTLE']

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

link isnt a cert issue

/quote]

Non OEM computer is a cert issue last time i checked. Though i didn't get mine certed and never had an issue with it.

I also never had a problem running 17x7.5's when the car was certed for 18x8s. But it was on my mind.

I stand corrected...

Yeah im sure they wouldnt mind running smaller but bigger might be a bit picky