Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

clearance of calipers

is there ever to close for the calipers to be or is it sweet as long as they dont touch,tried my brembo fronts today and shes a tight squeeze prob 2-3mm in some places,they actually hit the bleed nipple flap bit.if there is a limit to safety can i just get some small spacers are they even legal?do they need to be certed?heres some pics cheers guys/gals  alt=

alt=

alt=

CUDDAS said:

man that's close, all i can say is make sure your wheel nut's are tight & caliper bolts too, +1 on the spacers- not sure about cert.

what size rim are you running, & offset

I'd like to get some red brembo's from an evo presuming they are the same type as your gold one's only diff being the colour i hope. :)

got 17s bro dont know the offset though,had the same prob when i put my 4pots on my old 17s (not quite as bad)but then put these wheels on and had HEAPS of room,was pretty optimistic they would fit brembos,until i pulled them out of the box,they look pretty big on cars but when your holding them dam they big,the calipers like the size of my head and you gotta be a weight lifter to pick the discs up.i dont think youd be able to use evo ones unless you got a custom bracket made up,i could be wrong though,go for the win bro gold all the way

• 2 weeks later...
 JoKer said:

on safe side - there are some spacers which are legit, grab some 3mm ones just in case, minum is 6-9 complete turns of wheel nuts IIRC for a cert guy to accept them

where can i get those?must be good old trademe,am a bit worried about putting them on otherwise.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies