Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

V5 sti ecu swap

Jdelahaye

Hi team, 

I’m in need of some help and advise. I’m trying to put a V5 sti ecu into my V5 wrx. The car cranks but won’t fire. My guess is the fuel pump isn’t working as I can no longer hear it prime. Iv read things about moving pins around in the plugs but cannot find a diagram that resembles my car. Can anyone shed some light on this?? 

37 minutes ago, evowrx said:

Don't use it it will knock like crazy. The v3/4 stuff is fine but v5/6 doesnt work. The actual not firing is cam/crank triggers iirc nzdm vs jdm.

Are you saying you can use the V3/4 sti ecu in a V3/4 Wrx, but not the V4/5 Sti ecu in a V4/5 wrx.

Would you need to get the STI crank/cam triggers to get it working correctly

3 hours ago, SpeedySub said:

Are you saying you can use the V3/4 sti ecu in a V3/4 Wrx, but not the V5/6 Sti ecu in a V5/6 wrx.

Would you need to get the STI crank/cam triggers to get it working correctly

Corrected the first portion. The reason you can't use it is it knocks. It actually runs.

The wiring issue is due to the immobilizer iirc. It's simply cutting and switching a couple of wires to get it running. Pretty sure Nzdm vs jdm.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, evowrx said:

Corrected the first portion. The reason you can't use it is it knocks. It actually runs.

The wiring issue is due to the immobilizer iirc. It's simply cutting and switching a couple of wires to get it running. Pretty sure Nzdm vs jdm.

Ah I see now. Thanks for the explanation