Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Probably a repost... Possum Bourne memorial cruise in oz

ReubenH

Star wars bit at the end pisses me off...

Makes it sound like he went into a drain in a starlet or something...

Txt comment from me..

I hate to pick but he was not killed in Non Competitive circumstances.

Or on a pubic road. as such.

I was on the way down from the top of the race to the sky condition check in the morning of the event.

Yes it is normally a public road to the ski field. But it was closed for the Race To The Sky event..

webup said:

As always the V7 and later are nice....

Gotta love aussies paying homage to kiwis (possum)

Just a shame they have the lower powered Subarus coupled with hotter turbo unfriendly climate and average driving roads at best.

Lower powered? BS.

NZ is weak by comparison.

webup said:

Just a shame they have the lower powered Subarus coupled with hotter turbo unfriendly climate and average driving roads at best.

Some great driving roads in Oz if you know where to look at least the equal of what NZ has to offer.

BC5RA']

[quote name='webup said:

/quote]

Lower powered? BS.

Im talking about Australia has almost always since 89

Legacy RS days ( yes I owned one in 1991 btw) had the detuned models in Australia vs NZ having JDM models coming en mass as imports.

Care to explain?

Some great driving roads in Oz if you know where to look at least the equal of what NZ has to offer.

Lol you sure about that????

Funny in all the years I lived there in different cities,SYD,PER,MEL...

There is no comparison in Kiwi Vs Australia for driving roads.

NZ is renowned for its great driving roads Australia is not at all.

Ive been on a few just around Brissy, and Townsville.

But alot of really cool driving roads are unsealed..... so you would have to put the rally shocks and wheels on hehe!

I took the new STi for a drive, and yes was a abit of a let down after owning a V9. I even saw a S/H Blitzen on a car lot for $50K. The look of the salesman face when i told him i sold mine in NZ for under $10K was classic.

It's still strange not seeing every second car a STi, EVO, other hot import on the roads.

webup said:

Legacy RS days ( yes I owned one in 1991 btw) had the detuned models in Australia vs NZ having JDM models coming en mass as imports.

Care to explain?

If we are talking about the AUSDM Liberty and subsequent Turbocharged Subarus then okay it is slightly de-tuned from the JDM version, but even these slight differences amount to nothing once the same path of modification starts, which is what I'm talking about.

But as far as Aftermarket support and modified rides are concerned then I wouldn't agree, Crate engines/Gearbox assemblies, Turbocharger suppliers etc beat us due to the fact of the country generating more competitive pricing due to size.

BC5RA']

[quote name='webup said:

quote]NZ is weak by comparison.

Care to explain?

If we are talking about the AUSDM Liberty and subsequent Turbocharged Subarus then okay it is slightly de-tuned from the JDM version, but even these slight differences amount to nothing once the same path of modification starts, which is what I'm talking about.

But as far as Aftermarket support and modified rides are concerned then I wouldn't agree, Crate engines/Gearbox assemblies, Turbocharger suppliers etc beat us due to the fact of the country generating more competitive pricing due to size.

Agree on the aftermarket and parts etc ,thats bound to happen due to economies of scale.

The vehicle purchase price is far better here and quite prohibitive in Aus.

webup said:

hmmm, thats hardly fair on the rest of Aus..

I wouldn't expect you to see many good roads around the cities? Aus is a big country and thats where these roads are.. In the country!

Australian born and lived there for 40 years........and probably seen a lot more of it than you ;D

Like i said you need to know where to look... ;)

You're right about Turbo unfriendly weather though. Well execpt Victoria and Tassy during winter.