Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ECU Upgrade

predator

Hi there

I want to get the speed limiter removed from my Sti. After numerous encounters with it on the back straight at Pukekohe I have had enough!@ And now with Hampton Downs opening up I need to get rid of it.

Any of you cool folk know a tuner who can get rid of it for me?

Thanks very much

Greg

driftrex said:

possibly the easiest way to get rid of it is buy a pivot speed meter as then you get a digital reading of your speed up to 350kms as well, just a thought. 41 automotive got a good deal goin on them at the moment.

Here is the link to that thread, http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,5803.0.html pretty good value imo but you may need to get it fitted (which means more $$).

HKS speed limit defender is another option, but is essentially just a chip, (so no HUD like the Pivot Meter) prices start at around $300 and up for these, I know Redline stock these and they're authorised HKS dealers too.

Otherwise you can consider a standalone ECU (e.g. Link, Power FC, F-Con etc.) the list goes on but these will end up costing you well into the 1000s of dollars as they'll need tuning and the unit itself ain't cheap either. Re tuning is recommended if you're doing any mods after the first tune as well so this mod is usually kept till the very end.

I'm sure other people will have suggestions too, simply put it's how much you want to spend I guess, it you're just after the speed cut or a little bit more....

predator said:

If you were in hamilton I could do it for free

I can get to Hamilton no problem.

All good mate, i take it you have an 04 wrx as well?(can only do Ver 7 upwards). One thing is though I take no responsibility for a failed flash, but ive reflashed mine 30 times so far with no issues. Removing the speed limit is only a 5 min job as well. PM if keen. cheers

dimin']

[quote name='predator said:

quote] If you were in hamilton I could do it for free

All good mate, i take it you have an 04 wrx as well?(can only do Ver 7 upwards). One thing is though I take no responsibility for a failed flash, but ive reflashed mine 30 times so far with no issues. Removing the speed limit is only a 5 min job as well. PM if keen. cheers

do you use ECUFlash and RomRaider software? Interested in knowing is all, Tactrix cable to yea?

GF8M8']

[quote name='predator said:

quote] If you were in hamilton I could do it for free

do you use ECUFlash and RomRaider software? Interested in knowing is all, Tactrix cable to yea?

Sure do ECUflash and Romraider. And the cable I use is not a genuine tactrix, but an evoscan cable(which is openport 1.3,same as tactrix ones anyway), works a treat :)