Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

front mount intercooler

yup BOV will hit, needs some sort of fabrication, also your scoop will be too small to make use of the larger top mount and will probably be worse as the large top mount will be sitting further over your turbo.

Front mount you will need a different front bumper to get best use out of the intercooler

Guest itsgotgo

front ,mount is more effective if you are making 200kw or more.

I was told this by dave at detch. :)

so really its just bling.

better to fit v8 scoop and look stealthy :)

itsgotgo said:

Its no good when your driving slower speeds or in traffic? Id hate to think what the temp of the air is after sitting at lights.

Same if drag racing. your not moving alot until you start your run, interwarmer lol

Guest itsgotgo
 pl0x']

[quote name='itsgotgo said:

/quote]

Its no good when your driving slower speeds or in traffic? Id hate to think what the temp of the air is after sitting at lights.

Same if drag racing. your not moving alot until you start your run, interwarmer lol

Thats a given in traffic with either of them. :)

most guys will use ice,or dry ice to cool them down before hitting the drag strip.

why they do that is unknown to me,its the intake charge you want to cool down.

so it would be better to cool the fuel before it gets there. :)

jasonv6 said:

yea its to go on my forester i was thinking about getin a v8 scoop to let more air in and cause it looks cool would it be worth doning at the end of the day

Its not a forester sorry but ver8 non sti scoop for the win lol

DSC00058.jpg

only way i can get my tmic to snuggle in there not saying it doesn't still rub though.

also the down side to getting a bigger scoop is the dam sun shines in your eyes a lot more and also doesn't let you see the front of the car anymore.

man whats up with ppl, model year when you post helps

DSR has a kit for 97 up Foz, 76x280x600 core 3" in and outs somthing like that

save a heap of F*&king about and im sure with std Predestine protector (Bumper) to give them a call 09 8283211 have a chat

3" in and outs are way to big for a standard foz. The TD04 would struggle to fill that and make the best use of it. Smaller tubing would be better unless you've got a huge **** off turbo i.e TD05, VF22 or bigger

matdaymon said:

3" in and outs are way to big for a standard foz. The TD04 would struggle to fill that and make the best use of it. Smaller tubing would be better unless you've got a huge **** off turbo i.e TD05, VF22 or bigger

Once again posting model year and things such alike would have helped,

Like I can see down the computer screen out to his screen and into his garage and under the bonnet to see what he has

Yes I am well aware 3” is for fast spooling systems I did say call them and have a chat, seem you were so egger to correct this you get 5 star point’s ok,

look at a 63.5-70mm that they do that will be fine for a tdo4 done right, unless matt has something to say

EGOREX']

[quote name='matdaymon said:

/quote]

Once again posting model year and things such alike would have helped,

Like I can see down the computer screen out to his screen and into his garage and under the bonnet to see what he has

Yes I am well aware 3” is for fast spooling systems I did say call them and have a chat, seem you were so egger to correct this you get 5 star point’s ok,

look at a 63.5-70mm that they do that will be fine for a tdo4 done right, unless matt has something to say

maybe matt knew something you didnt since your new here. might pay to visit the intro section.

Seeing this is the Forester section of the forum, and Jasonv6 has introduced himself, has a pic of his Foz in his username and has a section in the garage section it wasn't a big leap mate.

Hows about an intro from yourself so we can all know where your coming from, helps so we dont get into cockfights with new guys we don't know yet ;) We are here to help each other out after all...

Really this is a foz section of the form? I did not see that when my mouse cursor went over FORESTER on the other page!!!

Bloody hell yea I can see that pic REAL good, look matt don’t take offence to all this m8 its harmless stuff people are dying of hunger around the world bro,

but it could of been a sleeper for all I know, and now I know there is a garage part to the site cool, however, listing any information relevant like I have a std foz or its got ecu upgrade, exhaust upgrade turbo upgrade would be helpful,

no intro needed bro I’m EGOREX

And my ego is bigger than yours (jokes) ;)

matdaymon said:

Not sure i'd call those two turbos big but it all relative i guess.

Im not upto speed on forresters but they seem pretty much like a wrx so the same rules apply.

Fitting a front mount will not give any meaningful performance gains (at a guess maybe 5kw) but you will gain lag. Didn't a few years ago there was a FMIC and a TMIC forrester at a dyno day - they power outputs were pretty much the same ?

So it seems alot of work/$$ for not much gain !

If you want it to look tough get a bigger scoop.

If you want real gains get a bigger Sti turbo. vf23,24,28 would be my thts. Even on the std tmic they are capable of 180-200kw atw. On a GC8 Sti they are a 12 sec turbo.

They are bolt on, cheap second hand (cheaper than a fmic), being ball bearing spool pretty quick.