• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

97 RSB Boost problems?

gtlegacy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

: D man how many users does it take to wind up boostin.... um? : P come on really you meant your post for real? I so could dive into this aye, on how corrupt that place is MAN; IV got 2 stories that will never make you go there, only applies to ppl that can’t afford the car they are buying... Is that YOU?

MAN DO I KNOW HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS

boostin said:

Go buy an Autosure mechanical warranty, wait a few weeks then take it in and get it checked over. Sounds like the wastegate or exhaust control valve stuck open a bit.

Something about this yea, now read what I said and you should get the picture NO? If you don’t pm me ok coz it’s important not to use ppl like this company really it’s not, but if you’re a dealer don’t replay bro lol

EGOREX']

[quote name='boostin said:

Go buy an Autosure mechanical warranty, wait a few weeks then take it in and get it checked over. Sounds like the wastegate or exhaust control valve stuck open a bit.

/quote] Something about this yea, now read what I said and you should get the picture NO? If you don’t pm me ok coz it’s important not to use ppl like this company really it’s not, but if you’re a dealer don’t replay bro lol

he said it, he ment it, deal with it, get over it.

-smurff

sorry, made my other post make more sence :P

sounds like what boostin means is, when the valve is closing be it the wastegate or exhaust control valve, its not closing all the way, so there is a slight gap for gas leakage.

to check this will probably involve pulling some stuff apart, have the valve in its closed state, and see if it is actually fully closed. most standard waste gates dont have an adjustable arm, but i beleave the exhaust control valve does, well mine did, can only say your will be the same.

will let boostin confirm though aye :D

-smurff

Smurff knows what I'm getting at. ECV's flog out quite regularly and are very expensive to replace (think 4 digits...).

Egorex, yes I work for a dealer, and I've never had any issues with Autosure. I can't be bothered taking it any further with you to be honest. And 2 other things. 1, Might pay to do an intro so we know who you are and why we should listen to anything technical you have to say. And 2, Its probably not the best idea to p*ss off the moderators.

ok good somebody else has had this problem before i want to fix it properly ive just got my car going and im trying to proove to myself its worth having a subaru lol cos ive had quite a few dramas

im going to try the intercooler valve tonight and if that doesnt work it looks as though the turbo will be coming off to check the valve or can i just undo the circlip ( without losing it) to try it?

one thing i changed from a vf19 to a vf27 would that make a difference? i didnt change anything else

gtlegacy said:

i wouldnt try that aye im not looking for anincrease like that i have a prova ecu tuned for that and it does it by itself im trying to get my car to go like the factory wanted

Have you tried an air flow meter?? Sounds silly but they affect boost in a big way.

if the idle controller isnt working correctly or not in the right spot will that mess with boost?

also i think i might have the wrong factory blow off valves on as just found one and put on to stop a leak from an aftermarket bov and just to get it running so connected up like factory

what goes on the primary and secondary ? orange and blue stripes are the colours if i remember correctly

is it orange primary blue secondary?

also thinking if this problem is the ecv what other symptoms would i be getting?

i also tried the gfb boost tap the other day and it didnt really do anything at all just had 6psi and 6 psi right in and 8 11 when wound out which is a bit weird i thought cos shouldnt it just boost right up

Guest boostin

If the ECV was faulty you would have low primary boost but normal secondary, so its not that.

Its something that would affect overall boost levels.