Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Calling the wingers clubsubbers..!

funkytown

So i have done a thorough search here and online and im having trouble locating what the faults are on my freinds WRX..

(she took it to a mech that didnt even konw about checking codes)

The engine light has been coming on off and on so i took a look, Plugged greens in and got:

• 5 long, 14 short
  • 17 long, 7 short

2 questions - should this model be ODB II codes...?

if they are what are they supposed to refer to? - If they are ODB II i cant find the above codes anywhere. I checked trice with Bazza here to make sure.. they are as above 100% sure.

I plugged blacks and went for a drive - nothing came up.

Once i figure out what the above are il reset codes and we'll see how that goes (if they re-appear).

any help appreciated

• 1 month later...

update - kind people at wingers scanned it for me for free

the codes are p1091 and p1088. Tumble generator valve fault the nice man told me

can any one shed light on what this is, and how easy hard to fix and the cost of assosiated parts please..

Im looking at boostin or the other wingers boys

readosnr said:

what model impreza?

my01 version 7 wrx wagon.. its auto too

lol sorrry i changed the title.. its says in the posts above ::)

P1088 - Tumble generator valve #1 (RH) position sensor circuit low input

P1091 - Tumble generator valve #1 (RH) malfunction (stuck close)

research tells me this is on the passenger (the nice) side. Also research tells me they didnt come on JDM models.. ???

I guess i need to check if they did on NZ new or not. I dunno if this car was or not at this stage.

Can someone price up the passenger side sensor for me?

Its either going to be a sensor replacement - easy.. or a job to get the manifold off and unstick or replace the valve >:(

readosnr said:

the motors i have found (on the inlet manifold spacer tube things) arent fitted until the v8 models

will need more details to price

so i looked.. its a jap import and definately has these little TGVs on both banks. I had a photo of one.. I'll find it.

On a side note i reset the ecu and it seems fine atm.. Also took the plug off the passenger (at fault) TGV actuator and put it back on firmly - cleaned out connecters etc.. (as suggested by interwebs). If cel comes back i'll need one of those units... so pricing one up now would be handy.

found it...

Its this

tgvt.jpg

log1call said:

You could take that sensor/actuator off and make sure the valve moves as well.

Those codes sound like the shaft being stiff or seized could cause both of them... I'd suspect.

yes correct.. im hoping its not that.. or its manifold off time im told :(

n

is there a spine exposed i can turn?? any ideas on how much forr that actuator?

(it could just as easily be stuffed actuator and becuase its stuff it doesnt turn the valve and throws that stuck shut code)... well my logic anyway.

BTW the code is rather intermitent... its cleared for now

Last one I priced up for a V7 WRX was $1200+ GST ex Japan.

Second hand, could only find dealers who would sell the whole tumbler valves, not just the actuator, at a price of around $400+ GST.

the part you point to (a sensor?) is only available with the tumbler valve assemblies. i checked and checked again and that is correct

however if it is the motor on the back of the tumbler valves, they are sold separate.

last priced at $700 rrp +gst and ex japan.

thanks!! good to know.. question then.. that must be the sensor for the valves being open or shut right? as apposed to a sensor on the little motor..

Thanks to who ever sent me this

looks like the sensor at the front doesn't come seperate..

either 14011a or 14120a is likely going to be required should the problems re appear.

getattachmentaspxr.jpg

yer a few hits came up with that.. I need to reseach it more to find out exactly what it means/does.

I havent really worried coz my mates car is totally factory and she has no plans or is ever interested in modding it so i was just going to fix back to stock option.

My biggest question is how do you tell the ecu not to worry any more.

funkytown']

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

yeah i was about to suggest that. Im sure you could do it for less than the price of a second hand tgv.

/quote]

mm more research required.. its just not my car.. and how do you get around the ecu.. I should just reserach it myself

nasioc is a good place to start. I think ive got something about it in US book i bought. its a common mod over there cause most of them have them.

wrx_lou']

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

yeah i was about to suggest that. Im sure you could do it for less than the price of a second hand tgv.

/quote]

mm more research required.. its just not my car.. and how do you get around the ecu.. I should just reserach it myself

nasioc is a good place to start. I think ive got something about it in US book i bought. its a common mod over there cause most of them have them.

anything helpful scanned or photocopied wud be awesome - not a topic covered on clubsub at all to date that i can find..

Allot of companies over there actually make TGV deletes. Basically they take the whole TGV assembly and machined out the valves etc. i.e.

tgv_vs_stock_600_1.jpg

Apparently they only help with fuel efficiency on startup or something. Either way, from i understand, it's just some obscure american regulation that found it's way into subaru inlet manifolds.