Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

*Urgent* STI ECU numbers - how to tell its an STi V5/6 ECU??

gazzy2000

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my BH5 GT-B has blue, black and grey as per wiring diagram and what is physically on the car, i know the v5 STI wiring diagram states that the plugs are blue, grey and black also but as for the plugs on the car this ECU came off..... i do not know :(

That PCB number (A19-001 DS2 (N) reflex v5/v6 sti they use this board on many cars in the Subaru range Forester included,

However the CPU number reflex V4 /v5 STI so you have a 3 plug V5 STI Ecu, and at a guess late 1998 release not 99 so would be V4 STI 3 plug Ecu, but hey just guessing on that last comment

WiLd02StI said:

That PCB number (A19-001 DS2 (N) reflex v5/v6 sti they use this board on many cars in the Subaru range Forester included,

However the CPU number reflex V4 /v5 STI so you have a 3 plug V5 STI Ecu, and at a guess late 1998 release not 99 so would be V4 STI 3 plug Ecu, but hey just guessing on that last comment

interesting comments, looks like they use the same board for single/twin turbo engines of that vintage. defiantly V5/V6 though.

cpu number most likely wont differ by engine, its just a processor.

in my opinion it might be impossible to tell what tune its running just by looking at the hardware. anyone recognise the C2 stamped on the socket? does that have any relevance? small stickers in the same place on earlier ecu's are model/tune relevant

i vote hooking it up to a diag/ssm/obd2 and asking it what version tune its running - ask log1call

interesting comments, looks like they use the same board for single/twin turbo engines of that vintage. defiantly V5/V6 though.

Yes same boards BUT different processors from different processor families. It’s the last four digits that make what it is, year releases and so on you will find that it will have different firmware for the CPU and voltage and this really could go on. But that’s just what I’ve heard and talked about... I could possibly be wrong

OK, fitted Caspros ECU, did it all properly i.e used static precautions and disconnected the battery first.

Went for a drive, car was cold so took it easy, when the car was half warm i boosted a bit just to see, and it looked good boosting past 12.

So i continued driving to warm the car up, once warm i started driving up a bit of hill and put my foot down it started boosting past 15 PSI, i thought "nice" but then it did a big hestitation and slipped back to 10 PSI and wouldnt go above 10 again!

That was with the Map sensor plugged in, i jumped out and blocked the hose to the MAP and tried again, no go, just the same!

There are no CELs.

I am a wee bit stumped here!

but then it did a big hestitation and slipped back to 10 PSI and wouldnt go above 10 again!

sounds like the ecu must be limiting the car, just an assumbstion(sp?) reset the ecu, then try again without the MAP sensor in there?

-smurff

yea, think you will have to do the whole procedure, cant remember what its was, but you sound right :P

for that you will have to remember to plum the map sensor back in aswell i think :)

once thats done, un plum the map sensor and give it a try

-smurff

smurff said:

yea, think you will have to do the whole procedure, cant remember what its was, but you sound right :P

for that you will have to remember to plum the map sensor back in aswell i think :)

once thats done, un plum the map sensor and give it a try

-smurff

Yip will do

Heres the procedure http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.php/Knowledge/ECUReset dunno if that accelerator thing is necessary aye, wil do it anywho!

right, reset ECU with Map all plumbed etc, stopped and unplumbed the MAP, on the drive after the reset the first 2 boosts were standard 10 PSI then it boosted to 15 and cut out/hestiated and back to 10 PSI we go.

Sumfink is telling teh ECU to go into limp boost mode! i did find a differential boost sensor on the firwall left over from the TT setup, it was still plugged in. I unplugged that and reset teh ECU again and tried again, no go. I checked on line and that sensor is mainly for the exhaust solonoid etc on teh TT's, the STI ECU wont even care about that noid anyways.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

can you recheak your pinout diagrams against each ecu, in regards to making sure all the inputs are correct.

Im trying to have teh best think about this as i can for you :D

-smurff

gazzy2000']

[quote name='smurff said:

you unpluged the differential boost sensor by electrically unplugging it?

-smurff

/quote]

yea, and i have long sinse snipped the hoses, no CELs either

yep, thats kewl :)

-smurff

smurff said:

can you recheak your pinout diagrams against each ecu, in regards to making sure all the inputs are correct.

Im trying to have teh best think about this as i can for you :D

-smurff

yea, i am going to have to i think, i know Reuben went through them with a find tooth comb too when he did chris's BH TT to singel T conversion

theres only gunna be a handfull that could be causing this if there is a missmatch, i suggest double cheaking against both, then even cheaking any work done for a hickup :)

what car have you got it in?

-smurff

smurff said:

theres only gunna be a handfull that could be causing this if there is a missmatch, i suggest double cheaking against both, then even cheaking any work done for a hickup :)

what car have you got it in?

-smurff

The rude thing is that Reuben put a STI ECU V6 into big Daves Foz and that did the same thing, no wiring changes no nothing just straight in, he had no mods either! wudnt boost past 10 PSI

:o WWWTTTFFFF! :-\