Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

The cruise to bucklands

kingersman

heh. whoever it was can take the rear guard next time! don't know about anyone else, but it was real close. not so keen on selling my wrx to pay for a damaged audi and probably Andrews boot!

on a lighter note, cool spot. i have a 6x9 scout tent, if we can track down some more canvas we should stay the night in the summer

good meet.

Pity you guys cant keep up with a gravel express *rolls eyes* About the braking you should have a enough room infront of you to stop safely.... think there is an infringement notice for all of you guys if ya hit the car infront :P

or you could fork out some cash and get some better brakes???

kamineko said:

heh. whoever it was can take the rear guard next time! don't know about anyone else, but it was real close. not so keen on selling my wrx to pay for a damaged audi and probably Andrews boot!

on a lighter note, cool spot. i have a 6x9 scout tent, if we can track down some more canvas we should stay the night in the summer

LOL, the boot on the Leggy would have been ok 'cause I have a tow bar ;D

Following distances and brakes were fine, just not sure about the judgement to stop right on the corner of an intersection when everyone following you is expecting you to go around the corner first.

wasnt me braking in hurry i went round corner and everyone just stopped?? we thought you guys weren't following lol

Stupid gravel roads got it side ways a few times though yayayay. got my clean car dirty, but its ok i hosed it off today :)

kamineko said:

Yea sounds good, should i mention that it gets really cold there at night time coz its in a gully.

MINTGTB']

[quote name='kingersman said:

Just like to say good meeting you all and thanks for the u]person[/u] who thought it would be a good idea to slam on their brakes and make like 7 cars behind them almost crash

who was that irresponsible driver??

not pointing fingers but i think it was that shiny silver b4 that was following the gravel express, am i correct?

illegacy']

Just like to say good meeting you all and thanks for the u]person[/u] who thought it would be a good idea to slam on their brakes and make like 7 cars behind them almost crash

not pointing fingers but i think it was that shiny silver b4 that was following the gravel express, am i correct?

Oh dear.... 3 of us rocked up to Mornington to find that you guys must of left bang on 2:30pm....

illegacy']

Uh no i got sandwiched too. It was the metallic grey wrx, they did a driver swap

MINTGTB said:

Oh dear.... 3 of us rocked up to Mornington to find that you guys must of left bang on 2:30pm....

ben and i got there bout 3:00pm

whoever did that brake could of messed like 5-6 cars behind'em, we were sweet in the back tho, had a fair distance between me and the car in front :)

as i said failing to stop short. It wouldn't of been their fault it would of been yours for Failing to stop short $150 fine, dont know about demerits though.

No one was harmed, no one bought it up when we stopped at Bucklands so it cant be too much of a big deal.

Next meet karitane via seacliff?? Nice roads for kaning it on??

DAKRNK said:

It was me that stopped suddleny, any problems Pm me insted of ruining the thread.

we left at about 3:15ish i think to head out

i dont think anyone have a problem, we just having a laugh at what happened.

it's all sweet, no one got hurt

i turned up at like 2:20 thinking that people would be early but na i had enough time to drive to town and back up to find 1 guy in a audi waiting(forgotten his name lol)

btw there was enough space more the fact that when going around a corner your sort of not expecting a dead stop

Shall we cruise my route, start/meet at antenna, go up over waikari, down whari flat out to outram, lunch time bbq, (shrug your on fire/cooking duty..haha) then across taireri plains up laws road and back to town? On a sunday. start say 11am, everyone bring something for BBQ (sausies/salad/beers/bread etc) just need to decide on a date. maybe copy and paste this to a new thread.

dubbedup said:

Shall we cruise my route, start/meet at antenna, go up over waikari, down whari flat out to outram, lunch time bbq, (shrug your on fire/cooking duty..haha) then across taireri plains up laws road and back to town? On a sunday. start say 11am, everyone bring something for BBQ (sausies/salad/beers/bread etc) just need to decide on a date. maybe copy and paste this to a new thread.

+1

Count me in!