Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V3 STI RA Dyno sheet - Over 200kw from a pretty standard car!

scooby-wrx

Hey guys, I had my car dyno'd yesterday to pin point an intermittent miss. This is the first sheet when my airflow meter was messing around. I'll attach the others tomorrow to show the sheet with a new AFM.

I was pretty impressed with these figures as its a standard Version 3 STI RA and the only performance mods I have are an HKS exhaust, HKS pod filter and HKS blow off valve! This sheet shows around 208kw atw on just over 14 psi! With a bit of messing about with the fuel pressure etc... the mechanic managed to get 214kw.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4461/dsc0926522.jpg

9620_253639170452_640185452_8690049_2109

a long way.

some could be under reading power, some could be over reading like yours appears to be.

Are you 100% sure the car is stock? Didnt have any mods ex japan?

Rossmnz said:

a long way.

some could be under reading power, some could be over reading like yours appears to be.

Are you 100% sure the car is stock? Didnt have any mods ex japan?

Ha ha... I get asked this all the time! 8)

I bought the car from a 45 year old guy who had basically owned it from new. It still has a 180k speed cut, 440cc injectors, stock fuel pump, no boost controller etc... It had a standard exhaust with cat when I bought it. Its honestly had no work done on it at all which really annoys a mate of mine who has a completely re-built rex (forged pistons, rods, race bearings, big turbo, injectors, FMIC, Fuel pump, fuel reg, link etc etc...) his car runs 17 psi and only makes 216kw (on the same dyno). :P

thats pretty impressive nmate..

hey what sort of playing around was he doing with the fuel pressure ?

i mean was he putting on an aftermarket unit and upping the pressue?

i believe the factory ones dont allow pressure to be changed... thats what think anyway..

but yea what sort of "messing" with ethe afm u mean bro..

this is really interesting stuff!

pappu said:

thats pretty impressive nmate..

hey what sort of playing around was he doing with the fuel pressure ?

i mean was he putting on an aftermarket unit and upping the pressue?

i believe the factory ones dont allow pressure to be changed... thats what think anyway..

but yea what sort of "messing" with ethe afm u mean bro..

this is really interesting stuff!

Thanks mate. You're right about the standard fuel pressure reg. I bought a Sard reg which I had fitted at the same time. I'm not quite sure what he changed, just the fuel pressure as I understand. All the info I got was through a phone call, so I will update this thread later on once I've collected the car and had a chat with Hamish (owner of H&N Auto).

Thats a good power. i seen one sti with standard mods got almost 200kw but at 18psi it is because it was a fresh rebuild getting perfect compression?

Guest itsgotgo

from what i can see he started and realised the afr was lean as a mofo then stopped :D

Got the fpr right and had it fueling at 11.5 compared to the first aborted run of 13.5 for afr :)

They are good numbers for sure - I remember kish's old sti3 did 200kw with similar mods. Had it tuned and it did slightly less... but safer tho.

Not all cars are made equal looks like ou got a good one...

Qwerty said:

They are good numbers for sure - I remember kish's old sti3 did 200kw with similar mods. Had it tuned and it did slightly less... but safer tho.

did he have a stock v3sti ecu that he did a retune on?

pappu']

[quote name='Qwerty said:

/quote]

did he have a stock v3sti ecu that he did a retune on?

no he got an apexi pfc

Have the Apexi in a draw at home, I was interested to see how much power it had stock and one day I will get around to fitting the ECU, bigger injectors and a walbro fuel pump.

nt_a_foz Yeah mate, this is from the guys at Dyno Power down Birch Av. Had Hamish from H&N hire the dyno out. Woah, your R only got 165kw... that's quite a difference hey! I'd love to see what my figures would be on the same dyno! :-\

itsgotgo Sounds about right... ???

I think all RA's are good... ;D :D

stira said:

I bet hamish got all excited when he saw the figures. Ive heard of a few high readings coming off that dyno,but it has beena around awile so should be pretty consistent.

And yes all RAs are good.

Yeah, Hamish was really excited and couldn't wait to tell me! :D:D

the_return_of_the_jedi Its a rolling road dyno, so at the wheels mate. ;)

Here's a better looking dyno sheet:

dsc03841l.th.jpg

BC5RA said:

Having thought about it.

I find the figure a little optimistic, considering a friends recent OEM ECU and then Link tune.

That's the reason I started this thread in the first place... I wanted to see if anyone else had managed to get similar figures from a lightly modified STI. :-X Thanks for your valuable comment... :-\

Guest itsgotgo

I would like to see the full dyno sheet with intake temp.

Some times the intake temp can increase the kw figure due to correction factor.

I see the weather station figures below but that is not the intake temp.

Not doubting it made the power,but would be good to see if anything else played a part in the high reading.

And was it done in shootout mode on the dyno? :)

Yeah it all depends on how its setup..Dave was telling me how you can make a car have 300kw by moving the spoto f the intake temp sensor to a different place giving a different reading.....Can make the dyno read what ever you want pretty much...

But only if its done properly is there a true indercation of the power.

Whatever..... I'll remove this thread if it pleases you guys... I did not start this thread to show off. I was merely sharing some Subaru information (which I thought was the reason for having these forums... :-\)

If you doubt my car and have around 200kw lets meet at Tokoroa drags in a couple of weeks to prove the dyno sheets. :D

itsgotgo - all of the sheets I got look like this, so sorry don't have any with intake temp...

nt_a_foz - You'd think Dyno Power would know where to hook up the intake temp sensor seeing as they actually have a four wheel dyno and have had for years.

Nobody's calling you a showoff, there's no need to have a cry either.

For example; My friends GF8 V6 STI with an APS TMIC, Semi-Tuned length headers, Full exhaust got 160kw@wheels with OEM ECU.

After tune he now has 184kw@wheels, maybe those number a low. I might also point out that he had a dyno sheet printed with 204kw@wheels, al that was required for that figure was a small adjustment.

I had seen a V4 Type R with Tuning done only to the boost controller on a OEM ECU and broke the 200kw barrier.

Draw your own conclusions, it's just a number.