Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V3 STI RA Dyno sheet - Over 200kw from a pretty standard car!

scooby-wrx

BC5RA said:

Nobody's calling you a showoff, there's no need to have a cry either.

For example; My friends GF8 V6 STI with an APS TMIC, Semi-Tuned length headers, Full exhaust got 160kw@wheels with OEM ECU.

After tune he now has 184kw@wheels.

I had seen a V4 Type R with Tuning done only to the boost controller on a OEM ECU and broke the 200kw barrier.

Draw your own conclusions, it's just a number.

Thats great, thanks a hell of a lot... Finally someone sharing some power figures...!

My dyno sheet must be wrong then, after all, every Subaru that came from Japan is exactly the same right...! :D

Guest itsgotgo

Certainly was not having a go at you :)

All dyno,s are different thats for sure.

Case in point being "ELVIS" the hq turbo power cruise machine.

no doubt that car has power.The owner of said car in queensland has been dyno,ing (sp) that car and having it tuned for some time,however when it is dynoed by one so called expert,it never has air intake temps.

A few dyno operators in Qland have asked to see the full dyno sheet and owner has told them to "F off" lol

This tells a few of them that it is not all it is cracked up to be.

The new rolling road dyno,s when in shootout mode are very hard to cheat.

I was present when dyno dynamics crew came up from sydney to install a brand new one at a shop my freind was managing at the time.I was very impressed with the new one,s. :)

Maybe you could do another dyno run at a club day to get some perspective between dyno,s.

Sure would be good to drive with 200atw and keep you happy 8)

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi

im picking the dyno converts the "atwkw" to fwkw. as 206kw is standard at flywheel for sti ( generally, correct me if im wrong, but id say it computes drivetrain loss.)

this could explain the differences in opinions too.

the_return_of_the_jedi said:

im picking the dyno converts the "atwkw" to fwkw. as 206kw is standard at flywheel for sti ( generally, correct me if im wrong, but id say it computes drivetrain loss.)

this could explain the differences in opinions too.

Na mate, because on the right hand side of the dyno sheet, it shown kw atw. When you click on the link to the dyno sheet, click on full size below the picture to the right.

This could have be a logical explanation though, thanks for your comment.

the_return_of_the_jedi said:

hmmm well im confused...

koom? he will know.

haha why single me out? I don't have a dyno :P

Don't know why you're so confused either paul, its been explained reasonably well already about how dyno's don't all read out exactly the same numbers as you can make the output vary just by changing a few of the parameters.

It could be a high reading, or he may just have one of those anomalies that just seem to make good power....who knows.

Koom']

[quote name='the_return_of_the_jedi said:

hmmm well im confused...

koom? he will know.

/quote]

Don't know why you're so confused either paul, its been explained reasonably well already about how dyno's don't all read out exactly the same numbers as you can make the output vary just by changing a few of the parameters.

It could be a high reading, or he may just have one of those anomalies that just seem to make good power....who knows.

Well said, :D :D

Who knows... ??? Maybe one day I will update this thread when I get my Apexi ECU fitted and tuned on another dyno and I wonder why my car is only making just over 200 after that. :D;)

scooby-wrx']

[quote name='the_return_of_the_jedi said:

hmmm well im confused...

koom? he will know.

/quote]

Well said, :D :D

Who knows... ??? Maybe one day I will update this thread when I get my Apexi ECU fitted and tuned on another dyno and I wonder why my car is only making just over 200 after that. :D;)

Dont go on a different dyno, youll feel like you have wasted your money ;) If you get the time it would be interesting to see if you got similar numbers on a different dyno with the same setup. Personally I hope its correct, means your car has something special somewhere.

I was just saying that figures can be manipulated man...Not saying dynopower did or do that but just saying its possible..

At the end of teh day its all just a number....It could be 300kw atw and be a dog to drive with only power in the last 2000rpm ... how gay would that be to drive compared to a 240kw somethign that pulls from the bottom right to the top....

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi
 BC5RA']

[quote name='Koom said:

/quote]

Because you are over 260 years old and have witnessed the conception of the dynometer ;)

i heard it was closer to 500 and he invented it, and he shoots fireballs out of his exhaust

the_return_of_the_jedi']

[quote name='Koom said:

/quote]

Because you are over 260 years old and have witnessed the conception of the dynometer ;)

i heard it was closer to 500 and he invented it, and he shoots fireballs out of his exhaust

I heard theycame out his ass? Bloody chinese whispers agin ::)

Actually in my day we used to just keep tying more horses onto the back of the car until you reached an equilibrium where there was equal power pulling in either direction.

nt_a_foz said:

I was just saying that figures can be manipulated man...Not saying dynopower did or do that but just saying its possible..

At the end of teh day its all just a number....It could be 300kw atw and be a dog to drive with only power in the last 2000rpm ... how gay would that be to drive compared to a 240kw somethign that pulls from the bottom right to the top....

Actually that sounds like fun to drive :P Just not great around town but you don't need boost in traffic anyway.....

The TP dyno does not calculate at the engine performance kw.

Std Sti GC8's seem to do around 165-175kw on this type of dyno.

My type r did 187kw with a catback + retune on the TP dyno in avondale

As always dynos are just a tool for tuning.

as long as the dyno is set the same wy each time u go then the results will be consistent..

being a software, some unscruples ppl sometimes can change the calculations to get a diffrent reading but generally one wud expect the dyno operator to have the honesty for his customers..

it could well be that figure (as ompressive as it sounds) but another way to confirm wud be to maybe put a car on there (same dyno settings) and see what that produces (higher or lower reading)

i know of 1 guy who had a dyno at one place and with no change to car on another place he had like almost 25kw at the wheels difference... that just goes to prove that the dyno ppl at different places can set their ones differently ...

anyway bro, dnt worry abt locking the trread etc as this is a meaningful one ..

did he say what are the settings he changed on the fuel pressure regulator to get the power up there (as nothing else u say has changed)