Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

can you fit a boost tap to a gt-b? and what clicks when i hit turbo?

Yes they do but you may not wanna up the boost a whole lot for safetys sake. Clicking may be dodgy factory boost solenoid, they normally click when they are on the way out.

I ran my car directly through a boost tap for a while and unplumbed the factory one (you just need to leave it wired in so the ecu dont throw hissies).

There are second hand ones all over the place but you never know if they are all good till you install it.

I wouldnt bother turning it up at all, unless you like rebuilds. The power is made so high in the rev range on those cars that any more stress on the motor CAN lead to disaster. Mine lived but many havent.

PhatRS said:

There are second hand ones all over the place but you never know if they are all good till you install it.

I wouldnt bother turning it up at all, unless you like rebuilds. The power is made so high in the rev range on those cars that any more stress on the motor CAN lead to disaster. Mine lived but many havent.

thats what i heard too and mines already had one rebuild due to a big end bearing so i would also advise not to turn it up but if you have money to throw at it i dont see why not

Guest Rugged_RS

yeah mine got a bit dodgy after a few months on 18psi, think it might have been whata fu**ed up my coil pack??

Or buy a complete after market electronic boost control system suh as a Profec B SPec II, look in Tardme/Webuy/etc for new and 2nd hand ones...

or if you need to replace your solenoid, go to a air shop and ask for a compatible/suitable replacement, it will most probably be cheaper than your average dealer price...

Glen said:

Leave the boost alone. I'm getting 185kw atw out of my 99 GTB on 15psi. Standard boost.

Just to show the futility of high boost and how turbos end up out of good operating range, on my 96 RSB i ran 24psi and only made 188, that lasted 2 dyno runs and then I went to a single conversion..........tooo scared of blowing it all up. I now have some mid range boost and made 201 at the wheels on 10psi ish(wastegate pressure) much safer.

You guys got any dyno charts you'd care to post up?

I'd love to see the torque curves just to see what's possible with some sensible mods :)

Awesome, thanks.

I've not seen a chart quite like that with the manifold pressure...it appears to represent a torque curve, yes?

Is there a torque figure on another chart?

• General Member

2007_0616003.jpg

mad boost spike on secondary check some of my youtube vids after I installed an APEXI AVCr

Original R-Road dyno not ling after I got car 160kW

98GTBDynosheet160Kwedit-rego.jpg

interesting difference in Nm! also a screwy graph for some unknown reason for most of the primary stage

Nice, but I can never make sense of a Dynpak torque figure...got a few mates with 400+awkw GT-R's that make mid to high600's torque on the ST Hitec Dynapac. On a rolling road thay'd be around 2700Nm at the rollers.

Glen said:

I seem to have misplaced that one sorry mate.

All good, gives me a good idea of response & midrange v's top end...much like stock only higher numbers...