Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Questions

kingersman

You can make it work. No its not a straight plug in fit and yes there is alot of hard work to be done to make it work. I'm not sure if Kamineko's thread is still on here about doing the same conversion. No way to "tune" these ECU's either. Either it works or it doesn't and easiest way for it to work is to have all the 98 STI stuff on the engine.

kingersman said:

the car maybe... i know 2 of previous owners but theres 1 i dont know of.

last owner told me that the ecu got flashed or something and since then the afm has been throwing errors.

its also running rich dont think it was tunned to the exhast or anything

Geez really I thought only Elliott had it lol he is a member on here, hmm a simple reset should suffice. It has always been running rich though, I think I still even have the dyno sheets. It got 147kw atw at 12psi, and was running really rich which Steve Sinclair said wasn't neccesarily a bad thing.

Next time we go on club cruise, remind me to bring the mines 98' ECU with me, and I'll show you,

Its not my fault you think your an "A" grade Subaru technician, it's good to know things, but it's even better to learn new things too.....

rather than being so tunnel visioned all the time.... but hey if your always right, then it won't matter.....

Srry if yo don't believe me, but hey I have done it, Have you?

No you don't understand. A '98 is a V4. V4 are 3 plug, like the V3.

I'm no A grade technician. I'm barely scrapping by as an E grade bolt destroyer. But I can tell you that the V4 Impreza ECU has a 3 plug setup.

Here's some pics I just took, This came out of a 98' STI

mines001.jpg

Clearly we can see this is four plug, you can get a 3 plug adapter harness for them though. :o

niiice

ok..... nice work, thats why we were running up to 20lb with it?

without boost tap installed, I love the amount of know it alls here, I showed the Sub tech boys this and they can't accertain what year it's from by just looking at it, But you can in less than 3 minutes, But I have had this in a 98 rex without dramas, good work.

travel express said:

without boost tap installed, I love the amount of know it alls here, I showed the Sub tech boys this and they can't accertain what year it's from by just looking at it, But you can in less than 3 minutes, But I have had this in a 98 rex without dramas, good work.

In fact it took me less than a minute to identify.

You were probably running 20psi due to the map burnt onto the eprom board that MINE's installed; that much is obvious.

Whats not so obvious (to you) is how much of dick you are coming across.

travel express said:

If the Sub Tech boys knew their sh** they would look up the W9 *** *** *** etc etc code thats on the ECU and tell you probably the same information that BC5RA searched and told you. I'm sure that identification of ECU's is probably noted somewhere on the internet. My guess is that if you're running it with a 3-plug harness adapter, then its some abortion that Mines created so that they could get rid of old stock of 4-plug ECU's and just write the chip to suit the 98 STI Engine.

Also BC5RA never said that your ECU would only run 11.4psi, he said the original ECU would run that much before Mines then messed with it. Learn to read before spouting off like an even bigger know it all than the rest of us on here ::)