Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Best major upgrades for V2 STi?

Ryan

QRAF said:

;D ;D ;D how are we expected to learn if we aren't allowed to express ourselves without being singled out.

like i said before i'm no mechanic if don't like it i expect you to have a talk to me about it at the mega meet.

What has giving advice got to do with learning? are you expecting to be corrected?

" i expect you to have a talk to me about it at the mega meet"

What ^^^ that supposed to mean and who are you referring to?

Cheers for all the informative comments so far guys. Did a few quick calculations for all parts and mods I'll need for the engine, including external engine mods such as BOV, w/g, front mount etc, comes to approx. $5600, and that's including the Link ECU for $1600 which is why I'm $1600 over my 4g budget. So I think I'm going to have to leave the ECU til after I have rebuilt the core engine first.

The engine hasn't run a big end bearing or anything, I just wanted a project car for the next 4 months so I brought this a started stripping it the day after. Cheers again!

sleeperfoz']

anyone need hugs?

i love you guys 8)

thats what i'm looking for at the mega meet. ;D

Sometimes its easier to talk about prices in person than on a forum as everyone should know there is the store price and the price the store got it for and and price at the factory price. then theres 2nd hand and thats just another kettle of fish.

then there's mates that help out fitting it as there mates so thats cheaper again if not a deal is worked out.

So i think my prices aren't that bad.

[quote name='Ryan said:

Cheers for all the informative comments so far guys. Did a few quick calculations for all parts and mods I'll need for the engine, including external engine mods such as BOV, w/g, front mount etc, comes to approx. $5600, and that's including the Link ECU for $1600 which is why I'm $1600 over my 4g budget. So I think I'm going to have to leave the ECU til after I have rebuilt the core engine first.

The engine hasn't run a big end bearing or anything, I just wanted a project car for the next 4 months so I brought this a started stripping it the day after. Cheers again!

can i ask what you bought or am i too noob.

QRAF']

can i ask what you bought or am i too noob.

WRX STi V3 1996. All my prices are based around my work discount, as work gets a decent discount from parts stores. Also all assembling will be done by me and my work mates at no cost (except for the odd box of piss!).

[quote name='QUIKGT said:

What turbo are you running?

Currently the standard TD05H, and going to buy a new TD05 probably as no one seems to know a better turbo to upgrade too..

i wrote all this out on last thread...

BEB went - rebuild was $4g... that was lightened, balanced (best thing to do), new bearings, paid for rehone (expensive - wasted $500 on that) new rings, forged rods, wiseco headgaskets, and new cambelt/waterpump, and then new AFM, ICV, and throttle sensor (another $800ish). So providing parts havnt gone up significantly -and you can get trade discount - i believe that you should be able to get rebuild done for under 3 if you do all labour yourself. And thats a fairly decent build - some may disagree... but meh. i originally thought 2k - so doubling it worked.

Theres a lot of 'while its out might get powdercoated' etc, as well as 'oh crap' chasing electrical gremlins, so cost may expand.

pm me if you want more details.

hmmm.

have you had compression etc testing done? There might be no real need to do a rebuild.

I realise its somewhat of a project...