Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

RPM clutch Heavy Duty? Exedy HD Clutch

Two models

RPM clutch RPM1155N is it any good? does anyone used it or has used it? is it a Heavy Duty Subaru clutch..

Exedy Heavy Duty clutch FJK-7123HD I had in my GTB and no complaints that is a sweet clutch..

wondering if anyone here knows and more about the RPM clutch kit...

chur

BC5RA said:

All i know is Repco stock RPM and the code you've given is a HD item

Do you know who makes RPM clutch, all I found on them was this:

http://clutchindustries.com.au/product_catalogue/

that's referring to the standard clutch, well at least I think it is, it also had a performance clutch link under it which gives the same clutch spec... confused it its standard of HD does not say it's HD.. just OE replacement

-------------------

I know exedy does a OEM replacement clutch that is not HD then it has the HD version and the HDB and so on...

are the RPM Clutch kits any good.. from RIP CO

Had some issues with the RPM clutches before.

One of them popped the rivets out of the centre plates and it spat a couple of the springs out of the sprung centre (sorry bad description but you may be able to figure out what I mean).

Koom said:

Had some issues with the RPM clutches before.

One of them popped the rivets out of the centre plates and it spat a couple of the springs out of the sprung centre (sorry bad description but you may be able to figure out what I mean).

I do know what you mean.. does make one think... Ci Performance says it a oe replacement and RIP CO say it's hd.. it may just be the very first OE replacement Heavy Duty clutch..................yet I doubt it somehow, could be wrong..

adding to the thread: is it possible to replate a clutch?

The RPM1155N is a stock clutch plate, with an uprated pressure plate, roughly 20% more clamp over stock. Makes it easy to drive still.

The RPM range of clutches are sweet as, just have to bed them in properly.

one thing I know is I got a brand new exedy heavy duty clutch (not sure what code etc it was) put in my wagon (rwd) and after letting it bed properly (going easy on it for 2500km) I gave it shit one time and the clutch plate blew to bits, made a hell of a mess, my mechanic said he had never seen such a mangled clutch that was that new. may have just been a dud who knows but I have a standard subaru item in it now and its holding up awesome, actually just pulled my engine out yesterday (BEB victim) and the clutch plate looks mint after about 3-4000km

TBH, Exedy clutches have to be the most over rated product ever. They're not a bad clutch, far from it, but they're not better than most other aftermarket ones available. Good advertising goes a long way ;)

justlooking said:

TBH, Exedy clutches have to be the most over rated product ever. They're not a bad clutch, far from it, but they're not better than most other aftermarket ones available. Good advertising goes a long way ;)

I had put an exedy hd clutch with organic plate in my car last year and I had nothin but dramas with it. Had a real bad shudder through the driveline, I took it out after bout 30ks and it looked like it was more worn out than the old one. The shop I got it from didn't want to believe it was their clutch but after taking the gearbox out for the third time I got a replacement off them. It goes all good now but when it's time to replace it I'm goin for an autoclutch carbon kevlar.

• 1 year later...

considered creating a new thread, but meh

Got a price on a exedy FJK-7123 HD clutch from clutch.co.nz quote states $611.95 incl GST and frgt,

is that a good price?

can anyone on here do better?

thats a Heavy duty exedy, 230mm with 24 teeth spline

Guest keltik

Call geartech in Palmerston North. From memory last time i was there - they have kits from between $380 and $600.