Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Speeding tickets? couple of questions

QRAF

itsgotgo said:

My wife was told by an officer that you must be doing the speed posted at the sign!

So if you are in a 50kmh then going into an 80kmh zone,you must post 80kmh after the sign and remain at 50kmh untill out of the 50kmh area.

Simple stuff really :)

I've been told a lot of stuff by police officers over the 26 years i've been driving, some of it is true, and some of it is just made up on the spot...

The rule, as far as i know used to be 400m after the sign, but, you couldn't just maintain speed and then hit the brakes, you had to be braking from the sign...

Don't know what the rule is now as i pay very little attention to road rules. Driving by the book is likely to get you killed on our roads... :P

Just drive in a reasonable manner, and watch every other road user like a F*cking hawk!

...and, always blow on the pie.

Also, don't give cyclists an inch, until they start paying rego on thier bikes & stop restricting the flow of traffic, they have as much right to be on the road as a pedestrian!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DPI']

[quote name='itsgotgo said:

My wife was told by an officer that you must be doing the speed posted at the sign!

So if you are in a 50kmh then going into an 80kmh zone,you must post 80kmh after the sign and remain at 50kmh untill out of the 50kmh area.

Simple stuff really :)

/quote]

I've been told a lot of stuff by police officers over the 26 years i've been driving, some of it is true, and some of it is just made up on the spot...

The rule, as far as i know used to be 400m after the sign, but, you couldn't just maintain speed and then hit the brakes, you had to be braking from the sign...

Don't know what the rule is now as i pay very little attention to road rules. Driving by the book is likely to get you killed on our roads... :P

Just drive in a reasonable manner, and watch every other road user like a F*cking hawk!

...and, always blow on the pie.

Also, don't give cyclists an inch, until they start paying rego on thier bikes & stop restricting the flow of traffic, they have as much right to be on the road as a pedestrian!

I remember that bit about 400m vaguely...

Anyways I thought that you had to be doing the posted speed by the time you got to the lower posted speed, i.e. if coming from 100KM/H and next sign is 80KM/H, you had to be doing 80KM/H by the time you reached the sign... ???

And you could not speed up to the higher posted limit until after you reached the sign, i.e coming from an 80KM/H section heading towards the 100KM/H section, you had to wait until after you had passed the 100KM/H sign post before you could speed up to 100KM/H

I still drive that way because I get to avoid nasty paperwork (speeding fines).

Also I agree about cyclists (I am one too BTW)

Yeah, used to be that, between every stretch of open road and a town, there used to be a 70kph buffer zone, but a hell of a lot of these have gone now.

Often, you will be driving at 100kph, come round a corner and there's a 50kph sign 50m away...

No buffer, or time to gradually slow down, just mash the brakes and your in town limits.

While it IS possible to slow down to 50kph relatively quickly, it normally depends on how far up your arse the dickhead behind is...

On that note...saw a good one yesterday: Asian guy in a van, at the lights but in the left hand turning (free turn) lane. He was stopped, waiting for turning traffic and obviously took his foot of the brake but didnt move...

Asian guy in a seriously dented car, coming up behind him must have thought he was about to accelerate off so didn't bother braking and bang (just like a gay rapist), slammed him in the rear.

Ever seen two asian guys yelling at each other in traffic? Priceless.

DPI said:

On that note...saw a good one yesterday: Asian guy in a van, at the lights but in the left hand turning (free turn) lane. He was stopped, waiting for turning traffic and obviously took his foot of the brake but didnt move...

Asian guy in a seriously dented car, coming up behind him must have thought he was about to accelerate off so didn't bother braking and bang (just like a gay rapist), slammed him in the rear.

Ever seen two asian guys yelling at each other in traffic? Priceless.

CHOICE!

subieboy']

[quote name='DPI said:

Ever seen two asian guys yelling at each other in traffic? Priceless./quote]

DPI, that's funny as. I had to read that three times before I understood the story but once I got it I couldn't stop laughing ;D :D

I was at a red, so i had time to watch...

Guy in the van was looking at the guy behind in the rear view mirror, and having a heated conversation with him... ;D

Then, exit car and van and lots of arm movements and rapid sound bursts...all this while the people behind them were waiting...

Also, dropped the old man off at the airport last week. Just parked at the international terminal and, while we're sitting in the truck, a nissan pulsar pulls into a park accross from us; rolls in on an extreme angle, no brakes and then stops with a screach of brakes. The car has an enourmous shunt up the rear, demolished bumper and right tail light, every panel is dented, it's a wreck...

Asian guy jumps out and walks off and the old man cracks up and says, oh, you have them in NZ too....

Farken funny.