Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Porting exhaust manifold/exhaust ports?

zarnah

wildturkey said:

Stoffa has done the same thing and made a real good job of it too........nice clean flow. I found the pics he sent to me I'm sure he won't mind me posting these.......

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9678/74325070.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2927/72659487.jpg

This is an interesting read as well.........

http://ken-gilbert.com/wrx/porting/pp_exhaust_manifold.htm

How did you achieve this? what tool was used?

I havent done any of these uppipes in a long time, thought no one wanted this stuff anymore? :-\ Im currently trying to move shop and catch up on work, but would be keen to do a run of some for my stock, probably be about 2months away though at the moment.

From my testing, the lesser welds/joins in the exhaust pipes the better they go.

As pappu asked, if you were going to the trouble of removing the flexpart, its just as easy to weld in a complete new pipe.

I have a Trust uppipe that got no flexi and 48mm ID from memory. only a few mm bigger than factory, but my turbo is also gasket matched.

At the end of the day i think it doesnt make that much difference as it all speeds up when it narrows down in the exhaust housing.

I have a question. how on earth can uppipe size effect an engines performance off boost?

scottspeed said:

pipe sizes make a huge difference ESPECIALLY off boost or as it transitions into boost. Think of it as an NA engine which you can change the powerband through header sizes and lengths,

Whats the cost for a uppipe for a wrx? Not twisted.

evowrx']

[quote name='pappu said:

does the stock up pipe still cause restriction in the around 200-210kw@ wheels mark

/quote]

the dyno graph is about that...

oops

had a relook - yes its exactly that

lol

looks like a good mod then ay guys

One of the easiest mods especially if you dont have budgets for turbo changes, or other expensive mods.

My exhaust stuff has cnc machines stainless flanges so maybe a bit pricier than the mate down the road that will make you a mild steel set up. Wont have a chance to make any until ive moved shops but be under $400 i hope

ok have spoken to a workshop and they will be making a few of these up pipes for few mates cars

can price up for other ppl if they want

we will be doing some trial runs on a mates car first and if all good then can get others made for other ppl who keen