Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

decapping yellow injectors

wildturkey

ok a quick trip to pikapart and hey a BG EJ25 was sitting right there with rails intact. After getting them out and comparing them to a factory BC5/BF rail I see what you guys mean about the size difference! The BG injector housings are quite a bit larger!!

EJ25rails.jpg?t=1262561543

BG front.....BC5/BF rear

EJ25rails1.jpg?t=1262561627

Some other interesting info for BC5/BF owners:

# The BG rails fit the BC5/BF manifold perfectly............no modification is needed. I fitted a BG rail up to a 1990 BF manifold when i was at

pikapart....no issues

# you will need to keep the BC5/BF rail bolt spacers (there are 2 of them........they sit under the BC5/BF rails and fall out once you undo the rail bolts

Now I'm off to lop the ends off the rails to get them ready for welding dash 6 fittings on ;D

Hope this was helpful to others out there. Cheers to Boostin and Driftrex for putting me on the right track :)

I decapped some v5/6 sti yellow top injectors. They flowed 900cc at 3bar and have the worlds worst spray pattern.

driftwrx did you actually see the spray pattern? No atomisation at all, just a single solid column of fuel

that said, they flow plenty of fuel.

Optical said:

I decapped some v5/6 sti yellow top injectors. They flowed 900cc at 3bar and have the worlds worst spray pattern.

driftwrx did you actually see the spray pattern? No atomisation at all, just a single solid column of fuel

that said, they flow plenty of fuel.

i didnt see it myself as i was at work when they did it, but i did ask and they said it was fine, but they couldnt believe how much fuel it was moving lol.

have you run those ones you decapped optical? i havent heard anything bad from people that have been on dynos with decaps, yet. dyno should show up any issues with non-atomising injectors.

yeah they flow a fair bit, that isnt amazing though

i dont see any reason why a dyno would show up whether the injector spray pattern was good or not... please explain

i havent run them, but probably will try them at some stage as a mate needs some bigger injecs and these are lying around. the only problem with them would be bad fuel economy and as qwerty says hard cold starts perhaps

I do this all the time with the nissan side feed injectors at work all the time, the spray pattern is better then an 850cc RX7 injector as i have tested them side by side.

No dramas with tuning them in the over 25 cars we have tuned with them in it, we do use 95% link ecus so there is better control then Power FC, the only safty thing you really need is a new plastic cap to stop the bottom oring dislodging

Going to be using some 650cc nissan ones in a ej25 soon, i'm using v5 440s in my skyline, i'm just going to decap them when i'm ready to run E85 race fuel

http://www.carldavey.co.uk/article.php?id=4

please read this mainly it shows you where you get the larger 440s for decapping but also what the 2 different types of injector look like (you can identify them but looking at the injector cover)

also my mate has a gen 1 legacy dohc ej20 non turbo with the large body red injectors factory so could be another place to find some

also this place has parts so you can adapt different types of injectors into your rails and different spcaers etc for your subaru

On the subject of decapping injectors.... Has anyone here decapped those Red injectors yet? and what estimate flow rate if its possible?

wouldn't mind trying them out in my legacy if it flows alot more than those grey ones.. once ofcourse when i get an electronic fuel adjuster to sort out the fuel map.