Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Blank interior option panels - What was available?

Just curious... our '92 Legacy VZ-R has a number of blank blockoff plates in the interior. Does anyone know what options used these locations?

I'm assuming that the filler plate below the radio is aftermarket (was the original stereo taller?), but the rest look like factory items...

Thanks

DSC_6402-resized-marked.jpg

DSC_6413-resized-marked.jpg

DSC_6426-resized-marked.jpg

DSC_6443-resized-marked.jpg

the_return_of_the_jedi said:

the bottom one is to adjust the handbrake?

That would make sense... I popped it off, and there is a TON of empty space inside. Subaru could have made it into a third cup holder if they had wanted to...

I was thinking it would make a good spot for an iPod dock. 8) Not sure if this aftermarket stereo has any inputs though. :-\

Number one is sporty steering on the auto trans GT, number 2 ive seen height adjustment (GT Wagon) and Cruise Control there. The spot by your handbrake is probably for heated seats as thats where the BH and BG versions had them.

Standard stereo was a double din or a 1.5 size tape deck/radio.

Interesting... so it sounds like different cars had different options in the same spots. Hmmm...

On a related note, can someone tell me what the bottom rocker switch in the first picture is supposed to do? (The one right below the "L R" rocker).

Old Blue said:

Interesting... so it sounds like different cars had different options in the same spots. Hmmm...

Yep, just like all subaru's made. There's so many differences between different models of the same cars, accross the range.

For example, in my BG GTB, i have a button exclusive to GTB limiteds, "fog select" to switch between either set of fog lights. Some BH's will have a head light level adjuster, and certain STi's will get intercooler water sprayers, where's the WRX would get a fog light switch.

Thanks for the tip. I tried the switch again today, and they folded in perfectly! I bet I just didn't have the key turned when I tried it the first time... :)

My 93 S2 'Liberty' has the height control to the left of the steering wheel.

And on the right of the steering wheel is the switch for my cruise.

Below the stereo it has a compartment above the ashtray, useful for random screws etc that I find around the car haha.

And next to the handbrake I have a swtich that is called 'manual'. This is only on the auto models like mine, to explain simply, I press the manual button when I select first or second and the a/t will hold in that gear. Handy for offroad and/or snow etc