Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

How to install a manual boost controller

is it a single wastegated twin turbo, or one with a wastegate on both turbos.

mine had a wastegate on the primary, not the secondary, my manual boost tap worked fine

-smurff

Im a girl.... ;)

It didnt come with any instructions, but i looked on the net and it is the same as a apet one, any help?

And there is a watsegate on each turbo,

ther is only 1 waste gate actuator the one on the drivers side controlls the exhaust valve for the twin turbo.

on the primary (passengers side) the boost controller solenoid goes between the turbo and waste gate actuator.

there is a line that comes from the turbo and splits off 1 goes next to the battery(to the factory boost controller in the guard) the other to the waste gate actuator. you need to put it between the T and the wastegate actuator.

akaynlsn said:

ther is only 1 waste gate actuator the one on the drivers side controlls the exhaust valve for the twin turbo.

on the primary (passengers side) the boost controller solenoid goes between the turbo and waste gate actuator.

there is a line that comes from the turbo and splits off 1 goes next to the battery(to the factory boost controller in the guard) the other to the waste gate actuator. you need to put it between the T and the wastegate actuator.

some early twin turbos did have a wastegate on each turbo. havnt seen it, just what i have been told.

-smurff

yeah the RS i had did but that was a 93 they changed to a bypass valve and exhaust valve from 95 up.

i think? can anyone else confirm this.

on my 96GTB that is how i set up my boost controller and it works.

12psi primary and 16psi secondary

its pretty simple,:

3) PARALLEL TWIN TURBO SETUP

• Allow the engine to cool down before installing your boost controller

• Locate the wastegate actuator ports on both turbochargers and a pressure source port (refer Drawing 3)

• Remove the factory boost control solenoid if fitted from the boost pressure supply line

• Install the DSBC Tee piece in the wastegate pressure line with the wastegate arrow pointing towards the wastegate actuators. Be

sure to keep the hoses joining the wastegate actuators at equal lengths

• Secure all silicone hose ends with hose clamps

• Mount your boost controller bracket onto the vehicle, and then attach the boost controller onto the bracket with the supplied screws

• Make sure the boost dials is turned completely anti-clockwise before making adjustments.....

i got the pic 4 this info pm me ur email if u want it!

or try this... http://www.turbosmartonline.com/index.php?s=file_download&id=179