Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $60.00

EOI for ej to ea adaptor plates.

isnowi

Guest boostcut

to get the placement of the dowels, get a snug fitting bolt and cut it down, then sharpen the end and bolt up to motor.. then hit the plate with a hammer and then then you will have a sweet as accurate dot to drill.

spuddling aka IMPRZF']

Sounds good, as soon as I sort a motor I'll be in touch. What setup up are you running? I need some ideas to finally make up my mind, to many subie motors to choose from and not enough money to try them all...

I'm running an ej20 out of an hx20 with carb and dizzy from early legacy ej18, was going to go for an ej22 with the same carb adn dizzy, but all then ones i found were really high mileage, adn besides from what i read the motor i have is the same output as an ej22, although i doubt it will make anywhere the factory figures the way i am going to run it. In time i hope to run twin IDF's, at the moment i'm just keen to get the motor running and driving.

[quote name='boostcut said:

to get the placement of the dowels, get a snug fitting bolt and cut it down, then sharpen the end and bolt up to motor.. then hit the plate with a hammer and then then you will have a sweet as accurate dot to drill.

Cheers for the advice, ive got couple of pin punches that have been altered in a similar manner, finding the dowel location is easy when you have the motor and gearbox, it's just that i can't pre-drill or ream them for others as the motors are all slightly different in their placement.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...