Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

50Bait - anyone dealt with him?

Ryan

A week ago he offered me his 'VF22' for $300 which I paid for over the internet (hes in Taranaki somewhere and I'm in north Auckland). Anyway, on Thursday the turbo turns up, but its a ****ty little TD04 of which I have several and probably not worth more than $70. It's pretty obvious its a TD04 as its stamped on the housing and the turbo itself is tiny, so I've tried ringing, texting and PM'ing him but he won't reply.

Anyone got any info on him? Link to his profile here: http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1999

Used to own a 2000 WRX with the plate CZA791.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wrx_lou said:

Rat**** bro. Seems to be a fair bit of this happening. Another member with **** all posts too, maybe its time we put restrictions on the BSE part of the forum.

talked bout but prolly better to insert Tui add here!

dubbedup']

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

Rat**** bro. Seems to be a fair bit of this happening. Another member with **** all posts too, b]maybe its time we put restrictions on the BSE part of the forum.[/b]

talked bout but prolly better to insert Tui add here!

+1. Hence asking for backup of site to test this sorta stuff with.

Unlucky tho Bro (OP)... Hopefully someone can track 'em down.

• General Member
 50Bait']

URGENT SALE NEED TO PAY BILLS, WILL CONSIDER ALL SERIOUS CASH OFFERS!!!

$15000ono!!!!

Engine:

2.0 litre VVTI Boxer engine, single turbo

Huge T70 Turbo

Custom intercooler kit from HDI Japan

Custom air intake

STI air flow meter and injectors

Chipped ECU

Custom fuel rails and lines, for maximum fuel pressure with a 500hp intank pump

44mm Turbosmart wastegate

Full 3inch exhaust off turbo, has 3 cobys and a C-West Tip

Geninue GReddy BOV

Genuinue GReddy boost controller set to low 12psi and high is 16psi

Turbo has just had new Braided oil lines and waterlines put on,

Engine has done 23000kms, Has V8 sti parts

Drive Train:

New standard clutch

5 speed WRX gearbox

Short Shifter

Cusco LSD diff

Cusco fully adjustable suspension very low

Exterior:

STI sideskirts and rear bumper

Charge Speed front bumper not fitted, but will come with the car (Standard bumper for sale, has been cut to fit front mount)

Brand New 18inch CSA Mags

Mirror tints on all the doors except fronts

Has just come back from the paint shop has rear quarter painted, skirts and door looks mint now

Has had panel work done, dents taken out

Interior:

Standard WRX interior

Blitz boost gauge

GReddy electronic boost controller

Sounds:

JVC 6" touch screen head unit

Kicker 6" front speakers

Panisonic 6X9's and tweeters

1x 12inch sub in boot with a 800w amp

Full Cert for all mods!!

Comes with a brand new front mount and piping, not yet hooked up,

Feel free to ask questions

Txt or Phone

fkd7w1.jpg

24zau0l.jpg

213ev4.jpg

k56dxh.jpg

Ask for tony...

[quote name='Ryan said:

so I've tried ringing, texting and PM'ing him but he won't reply.

uhoh... can sometimes (fingers X'ed) he's away?

Guest itsgotgo

Should just get everyone to ring him about his car and tee up a time,to meet him, then throw the td04l at him and take his dirty old t70 and intercooler.GO HARD AND HIT HIM WHERE IT HURTS!!!!!!

I hate muppetts of this variety!!!

I have said many times about the 4 sale board and people just randomly using thier first post in there with no input into cs.

But hey I probably have a few years on the majority in here,seen this to many times ::)

• General Member

simple fix = no for sale board - tardme has all - paid members only 4sale section will diebut be mildly useful

give the guy benifit of the doubt (with time limit) right of reply before ya judge aye

Guest itsgotgo
 JoKer said:

simple fix = no for sale board - tardme has all - paid members only 4sale section will diebut be mildly useful

give the guy benifit of the doubt (with time limit) right of reply before ya judge aye

Huge difference between tdo4l and vf22 or tdo5.

You had your say now i am having mine ....problem?

Cheers for your comments. He 'seemed' genuine when I rang him to organise payment etc etc, young guy early 20's, his name is Tony Young from New Plymouth.

TD04 arrived Thursday morning. As soon as I took it out of the box it was obviously not a VF22, looks half the size. I straight away tried ringing him (from work) and it rang a couple of times then he hung up. I tried later that afternoon by dialing 0197 then his number (hides my number from his cellphone) but still no answer. Nearly 5 days + many calls + texts and still no reply, he usually just hangs up.

I only have his 027 cellphone number, anyone else have a different one? His bank account is ASB Bank, same as me, any chance I can get the payment reversed?

Heres his TradeMe ad: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/V7/auction-280312680.htm

Note that he answered a question on Sunday morning, so he's been online (and would have received my PM!). Found another number of his (his mrs I think, from his flatmate ad).

If anyone can get thru to them it would be interesting what they say about it.

• General Member
 itsgotgo said:

You had your say now i am having mine ....problem?

no problem - without at least 2 sides to a discussion it just a rant/Dictatorship!

ie : It must be this way cos my way is the BEST!

either way, you cant stop these kinds of trades other than not to trust ANYBODY

oh and yea Ryan - posting personal details might seem like your helping yourself but your not - keep them to PM's aye

Ryan said:

Cheers for your comments. He 'seemed' genuine when I rang him to organise payment etc etc, young guy early 20's, his name is Tony A. Young from New Plymouth.

TD04 arrived Thursday morning. As soon as I took it out of the box it was obviously not a VF22, looks half the size. I straight away tried ringing him (from work) and it rang a couple of times then he hung up. I tried later that afternoon by dialing 0197 then his number (hides my number from his cellphone) but still no answer. Nearly 5 days + many calls + texts and still no reply, he usually just hangs up.

I only have his 027 cellphone number, anyone else have a different one? His bank account is ASB Bank, same as me, any chance I can get the payment reversed?

Send him txt/pm/etc saying if he doesn't reply to your satisfaction you will take further steps. You dont have to detail what steps but things like police springs to mind.

Also approach ASB bank and say he has defrauded you by supplying an item significantly different from description and you want you money back, they will do this for you using their process they have (it works and I have used it before)

Hope it works out!