Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Smith N Smith

driftrex']

[quote name='QRAF said:

good topic i have a need to get my windscreen replaced soon had a couple of cracks in it since i got it.

I think i need a new one whats the difference between the gold and blue films?

/quote]

i would say difference would only be the colour.

good to know i like the blue.

QRAF']

[quote name='QRAF said:

good topic i have a need to get my windscreen replaced soon had a couple of cracks in it since i got it.

/quote]

i would say difference would only be the colour.

good to know i like the blue.

careful.. coz im fairly sure its a wof fail to have different colour glass. if its yellow tint on the rest of the car - you have to get yellow.. and vise versa.

Happened on my mums ascot years ago.. had to wait for the right colour from over seas as none in country.

• Admin
 QRAF said:

I was told they dont make any GC8 screens with tint strips if thats what you're talking about...

I took my rex in for a new screen soon after getting to Invercargill. 2nd time id been to SnS with this car (1st time was dunedin)

Got the car back and one morning sitting in the sun, looking at my car and contemplating the finer things in life i noticed a few small dents on the roof just above the screen.

took it back to them and asked how they did it and asked them to fix it, they produced a document showing all the damage on the car when they started and told me it wasnt them.

took it home, and Leith looked at it, and pulled back the top seal that they replaced showing scratches.

we went back to them and told them it was them, i knew they wernt there before hand as 6 months ealier i went to get a screen replaced and they couldnt do it tue to rust, so i got the rust removed and the roof racks taken off, and the whole roof re sprayed.

turns out when the roof was done and the new screen put in they just used that black seal shit to stick all the seals back in and didnt replace the clips they broke.

so SnS Invercargill has to get a tool in and damaged the roof in the process.

they ended up replacing the top seal with a replacement factory item and fixed the damage, then replaced all the clips in the rails for me too...

good out come, and all down to some dodgy work done by the Dunedin branch.

and cheers to Leith backing me up.

Guest DMSREX

The other bit of those adds that is bullsh*t "if you have insurance it won't cost you" or words to that effect...of course it costs us.......all who have insurance get slugged x$ more on their preiumums every year to cover this sort of stuff.

They really do take us consumers as idiots....no one gets anything for free.

DMSREX said:

The other bit of those adds that is bullsh*t "if you have insurance it won't cost you" or words to that effect...of course it costs us.......all who have insurance get slugged x$ more on their preiumums every year to cover this sort of stuff.

They really do take us consumers as idiots....no one gets anything for free.

What they should say, is you've already paid for it.

But, same point and effect really.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had quite a bit of work done by Smith and Smith in Christchurch (Russley Road Centre).

Windscreen and all door glass replaced.

They did stuff me around a little bit at first, taking my car overnight and getting nothing done but they paid for a taxi for me to collect it and then picked it up again afterwards and dropped it to my door, so they rectified the situation well.

I took photos before and after and they have done a good job: All glass in good condition (they get most of their auto glass from wreckers), no paint work scratches around the windows, only enough ks on the odo for them to get out there and back. They went the extra mile and oiled everything, cleaned up tensioners, everything all clean etc, and staff were also friendly and helpful too.

I'd say if they didnt stuff up the first time i took it in i would have given them 10/10