Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Witness says "take the turbo charged cars away from young drivers"

• Admin

Its idiots like this that give people like us a bad name.

http://news.msn.co.nz/video.aspx?videoid=5d052205-72bb-4a4b-a1ce-2d6f41093246

its a shame he ended up killing him self, but at the end of the day he hadent learnt his lesson from last time. he was disqualified, and a few years ago he crashed and fled the scene leaving his badly hurt friend trapped in the car.

STOP TREATING PUBLIC ROADS LIKE RACETRACKS! ffs

IDIOT!

/RANT

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAYDEO said:

Its idiots like this that give people like us a band name.

http://news.msn.co.nz/video.aspx?videoid=5d052205-72bb-4a4b-a1ce-2d6f41093246

its a shame he ended up killing him self, but at the end of the day he hadent learnt his lesson from last time. he was disqualified, and a few years ago he crashed and fled the scene leaving his badly hurt friend trapped in the car.

STOP TREATING PUBLIC ROADS LIKE RACETRACKS! ffs

IDIOT!

/RANT

Plus fucking one.

Guest Fastfour

This sort of crap pisses me off.... even more the fact that a cross is put up with FTP on it.

Lucky I dont work down there as I would pull it down in uniform!

Fastfour said:

This sort of crap pisses me off.... even more the fact that a cross is put up with FTP on it.

yer my flat saw that on tv last night.. got us all rarked up also... and they no interest in cars at all.. bloody poor form.

Fastfour said:

Yep, as soon as you put FTP on your car, or cross etc, i loose all respect for them!

Oh well how sad never mind, one less tard on the road. Too bad the media has once again jumped on the boy racer/high powered car issue instead of the real issue of people being behind the wheel who don't have any right to be there! >:( As for the girls who were his passengers boo f**king hoo, they would have known he wasn't licensed yet still got in the car.

Instead of higher fines how about we cut their nuts off so they can't breed and keep filling our country with sh1theads who think they're above/outside the law

this was no loss. darwin wins, this guy can f*** right off. sorry to his family, but he was a piece of s***. at least he didn't kill anyone else on his way out.

also: "he was going well over 100, i'd say even 120 kph" 120 kph? let's be honest, that's not REALLY that fast. a honda civic could do that. hell a school bus could do that. a turbocharged car has nothing to do with the driver having no common sense and the impression that he is indestructible and above the law.

jake_the_muss said:

this was no loss. darwin wins, this guy can f*** right off. sorry to his family, but he was a piece of s***. at least he didn't kill anyone else on his way out.

also: "he was going well over 100, i'd say even 120 kph" 120 kph? let's be honest, that's not REALLY that fast. a honda civic could do that. hell a school bus could do that. a turbocharged car has nothing to do with the driver having no common sense and the impression that he is indestructible and above the law.

this spells it out beautifully, completely agree !

-smurff

Yeah i dunno...seems to be the medias angle of aiming at the boyracers. They only labelled him a boyracer because of the car he was in.

They didnt even state whose car it was. Was it stolen? As the cop they interviewed actually suggested this one was, without actually saying it.

I still believe age to motor cc restrictions will help go a long way to solving this problem. But another point is the parents.

If you know your kids a numb nut behind the wheel, why let him buy a car that can beat a porsche 0-100?

It was the attitude of the driver and the fact he had a history of doing it before, they didnt tell you the type of car he did it in the first time did they?

Fastfour said:

One less idiot on the road.....

He was driving just as bad before the chase, He was going to kill him self one way or another

Taking away turbo cars wont help the problem, You can crash a 1.3 honda civic into a tree at 120 kph just the same way as you can crash a WRX into a tree at 120kph

Only thing that would be different between the chase of a WRX and a civic, is that the police would be behind the civic when it crashes

Bottom line is its not the car, its the driver >:(

We just don't do anything to REALLY hold these twits accountable for their actions, sure they get fines but all you need is a letter saying you can't pay it and you can do community service or something equally farcical. I say send them to their own little jail for a couple of weeks solitary and force them to watch detailed crash footage from car accidents. Scare them straight or something.

Also: anyone in CHCH wanna have some decency and rip that cross down? Dont need a memorial for a criminal

matdaymon said:

We just don't do anything to REALLY hold these twits accountable for their actions, sure they get fines but all you need is a letter saying you can't pay it and you can do community service or something equally farcical. I say send them to their own little jail for a couple of weeks solitary and force them to watch detailed crash footage from car accidents. Scare them straight or something.

Also: anyone in CHCH wanna have some decency and rip that cross down? Dont need a memorial for a criminal

Hmmm I would but then its not right as its a cross for the guy who died :-\

BC5RA said:

If you don't think the type of car has anything to do with it then your dreaming.

The specification of the car will affect the drivers attitude.

Depends.

Never affected me or my mates. We grew up with these types of cars from as soon as we got our licenses. Sure we did dumb things like race between the lights and donuts at the beach but not running from the cops or drags down blocked off streets fast and furious styles.

NOw the question is...is that environmental or parental?

matdaymon said:

i think it's on lincoln rd heading out of town.

edit: yup. just had a look. the cross is gone, but the bark has been ripped off a good section of the tree and people are writing messages there. FTP a couple times. and a half-dozen Diesel cans lying around/wedged in the branches. classy.

i took a can of spray paint and painted over the ftp, but it's raining...

I think it would be interesting to see if changing some of the police car's to something a little quicker would make any difference to the police pursuit rates. The UK Police seem to think the 'intimidation' factor of having turbo Subaru's and Evo's have worked for them. These can be watched on Police Interceptors program on channel 71 on Sky.

Not saying this is a solution to the problem but if it stops a couple of people making the split second decision to run rather than pull over and stop then surely it would be worth it.

Edit: Not saying that having faster car's will mean they will be pulled over faster but may be intimidated out of running in the first place

subiv5 said:

I think it would be interesting to see if changing some of the police car's to something a little quicker would make any difference to the police pursuit rates. The UK Police seem to think the 'intimidation' factor of having turbo Subaru's and Evo's have worked for them. These can be watched on Police Interceptors program on channel 71 on Sky.

Not saying this is a solution to the problem but if it stops a couple of people making the split second decision to run rather than pull over and stop then surely it would be worth it.

Edit: Not saying that having faster car's will mean they will be pulled over faster but may be intimidated out of running in the first place

Highway patrol cars aren't much different speed wise to most boyracer style cars. Easily faster than a few of the more popular models (read: hondas) for example.

What's your professional opinion Jason? :P