Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ANYONE KEEN FOR REGULAR MMC & CLUBSUB MEETS

Yah, it's really details schmetails from there. The ultimate would be as you said, a timed track day (of the driver training style, not head to head, again as you said), but price-wise and organisation-wise it's probably easier to have a downscaled event. Grasskhana is about as downscaled as you get, but the MSNZ-organised ones really are brilliant.

Gymkhana tests vehicles and drivers alike with the risk of crashing being almost limited to the cones.

IMO it would encourage friendly competition without people getting too serious.

Yet another reason to become MSNZ-affiliated? ;D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QRAF said:

its just trying to find a paddock and a farmer whose care free about people ripping up his paddock.

The council isn't opposed to MSNZ clubs actually using their land, if we ask politely :) ACC did one out in Massey a few years back. I'm sure they've done it since.

What's actually required for organising a gymkhana other than a large area (such as carpark) and permission from the owners of said carpark? Do you have to ask council/police permission if its say next to a road or something?

Pity the Grasskhana's that have been planned in the NI since the 08 one have all fallen through :( Gold coin donation MINIMUM I reckon for the good sort that actually plays ball with us eventually.

just need some cones and a paddock cops or council don't need to know only if your expecting traffic problems and you think your need consent also have to ask neighbors if there are any within 500m for noise control reasons.

QRAF said:

just need some cones and a paddock cops or council don't need to know only if your expecting traffic problems and you think your need consent also have to ask neighbors if there are any within 500m for noise control reasons.

Ah yeah, sound no doubt would be an issue in most suburban areas, only problem I see other than finding a venue for something...

On a semi related note, I have some 1/2 sized cones (approx 1ft high) I'd be happy to lend to the club for such activities. Only have about 8 though but its a start right?

could be something worth looking into at next leadership meet.

one pack of cones could be purchased/delivered around the country for any CS grasskhanas/motorkhanas that are taking place.

In Wellington there is at least one autocross per month organised by MSNZ affiliated car clubs. The next is on the 25th of July in Silverstream. If anyone is interested in attending I can certainly help with more details.

Guest Fastfour

The club already has Cones, and pretty sure one of the Hamilton/ex Hamilton lot had them.

Possibly Steph Im thinking.....

Guest lan_killa

MSNZ affiliation is useful if we want to go and run our own events. For example last weekend I was doing a gymkhana in the pits at waikaraka park. Cost the club about $200-$300 to hire the pits for the day (but they will only hire them out to MSNZ affiliated clubs) and cost us $20 a head to go out and do skids all day

Video here:

Interclub events like grasskhanas and navigational trials are excellent. As at the end of the day your out there having fun and everyone gets to have a laugh at/with each other. An interclub trackday on the other hand requires alot of time, money and commitment from all parties and can easily fall through

Just my 2c

Guest boostin

I say do it. If it turns to shit, we don't do it again. I'd be keen to see how the other half roll.

I've been to meets with another club, and in attendance were Subbies, Mitsis, Toyotas, and even an Audi. It all went pretty well. It's just car enthusiasts getting together and talking shit.