Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Places to take sick pics

Anyone have any cool places round Chch to take decent pictures? Went out to Addington Raceway, storage units and a carpark, but all look pretty average..

Any ideas?? :)

Port Hills? Banks Penisula has some spetacular scenery which would make a good backdrop but to get decent light you'd need to be up there at sunrise (or get lucky with clouds).

Also depends alot on what sort of pics you're trying to get? Urban looking, car focussed, bit of scenery, covered in bikini girls.....

Those look mint mate!

Want the car focussed, but a cool looking background, if that involves bikinis so be it lol.. But might be easier to organise doing it in industrial areas, scenic areas etc lol

The reflection shot was taken on a EOS 450D

Was taken on a stubby lens from memory.

Took them on a mate / mates girlfriends camera cause I don't have enough money to buy my own yet but still know how to use them lol

Just did a quick bit of googling,

Would love to shoot some stuff like this

http://www.nuwomb.com/nuwomb/nuwomb/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/industrial_backing.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2693/4438276933_13cc447605.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/4439004726_989552d505.jpg

Love that dark sky look, Be real good having in for example in amongst heaps of containers with a sky like that on a low angle.

Similar to the R35 shot.

Id also be really keen to shoot some stuff on the road to look like these

http://www.anytopic.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/2009_06_20_58881.jpg

Just had a thought, If any of you guys go to town on the weekend you may be familiar with Ian Ferguson.

Does all the photos of people when they are smashed and half naked etc.

I could speak to him about doing a car shoot day ? Since he has all the gear and takes great photos.

Maybe put in like $5-10 each for his time and he can email us the photos etc.

nickmcgill said:

Just had a thought, If any of you guys go to town on the weekend you may be familiar with Ian Ferguson.

Does all the photos of people when they are smashed and half naked etc.

I could speak to him about doing a car shoot day ? Since he has all the gear and takes great photos.

Maybe put in like $5-10 each for his time and he can email us the photos etc.

Terrific idea. Would def be keen as for that.

kinggts25 said:

can he photo me naked?

Over the bonnet??

Yea keen on getting that guy in, seen him far too many times in town haha

nickmcgill said:

Whats with the ariels?

• 2 weeks later...

Heres my latest one's, Sadly only on a standard digital camera that was about 6 years old.

It's green cause I had the wrong lighting setting on it but the screen is only about 1" so was hard to tell since it was pitch black at the time.

38512443318492937543532.jpg

And no it's not photoshopped at all.