Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Old ECU to run yellow injectors

sultan

it still uses greys and green afm AFAIK.

nick - kamineko is the wizz on this stuff.

no four plug factory ecu that runs yellows that I can think of.. maybe one of the auto GTB (BG) ecu's did - i think some came in four plug as opposed the 1plug (of fail).

no v1/2 ecu ran yellows apart from those chipped which obviously arent factory. :)

Guest boostcut

na it ran better than it does on my chipped ecu. i still got relatively good fuel economy. (450kms) now i get 250 to a tank open road driving.

Guest boostcut

na it ran them fine on a factory ecu. everyone said it wouldnt, i even sold my old ecu to a guy that had yellows in his v1 and it ran perfectly.

since i have put the new chipped computer in it, its run well but a bit smokey on boost and uses alot more gas.

i don't mean to sound like i don't believe you, but i'm wondering if any one else has done this before? just wondering if yours was an isolated perhaps "freak" ecu

i'm planning the parts to buy to dissestablish my current setup. if i could buy a green afm and std wrx ecu (or even the 6k) to use yellow injectors that will save me a whole heap of money but more importantly much less hassle!

probably a good thing for dumping lots of boost into it. at least it's not going to lean out. so i suppose the only down side is fuel economy and power efficiency from lack of correct timing.

do you know if any of these people have been onto a dyno?

This is not a recommended course of action. You _CAN_ use a hammer to disassemble a fragile instrument, but it really isn't wise.

There are NO four plug ECUs that ran yellows from the factory. Some can with chips. The worst that can happen is that you hydro-lock your engine due to flooding..... but sultan would already be familiar with that ;)

What happened to your link anyway? Just throw the injectors in and scale the fuel map...

deathz0r']

Hmm I run yellows on my standard v2 WRX ECU - no aftermarket chip or anything.

Like boostcut said - everyone said it would run rich as hell. IMO, it runs better and I get the same fuel economy :)

No harm 'til you try it mate

what turbo do you have and how much boost? do you ring it out often?

my problem is that i have to decide to go facto ecu+afm route, or keep my link (but pay for it to be retuned)

[quote name='Wiretap said:

This is not a recommended course of action. You _CAN_ use a hammer to disassemble a fragile instrument, but it really isn't wise.

There are NO four plug ECUs that ran yellows from the factory. Some can with chips. The worst that can happen is that you hydro-lock your engine due to flooding..... but sultan would already be familiar with that ;)

What happened to your link anyway? Just throw the injectors in and scale the fuel map...

You can also try tow a car 30km across town to take it to a soldering iron. I'm over having lots of power now. Have a baby due in a month, don't need to open the car out to 240kmh to have fun with it any more.... Want a quick spooling setup again, so i'm selling off all my bits and replacing with factory stuff.

funkytown said:

no dyno, boost, AFR's to show as "evidence".

Mike runs them in his RS track car tho.. so gets the jandal most of the time - and hasnt assploded yet. Not the evidence you really need though.

Close Funky....

Only i'm still running greys....

If someone was willing to supply a set of yellows i would give it a go though..

I dropped yellows in my BF with an ECU marked H3, it has a pink sticker (STI?) and they perfom beautifully!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say go for it, you cant kill an engine from over/under fuelling it so why not try? You mave however need to re-tune your IAC and TPS to match the new gas input... if it blows smoke drop the gas you use back down to 91oct, I run 91 in my s/w and have blitzed a few homo's homies in rex's out my ways!!! always fun.... ;)