Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Drivetrain from BH to BC interchangable?

Ryan

boostcut']

[quote name='BC5RA said:

They get changed because they are old and break.

Weakness is not as significant as has been portrayed in the thread.

/quote]

+1 its the f***wit smashing it through the gears like a mad man rowing with one oar.

and hijacka,

a dogbox isnt going to solve strength problems that you are talking about. the gearbox is still weak while changing gears if not done nicely.

A dogg box is pretty much indestructable,they have wider gear faces that are straight cut and in most cases bigger,tougher shafts and they do not use a synchromesh assembly.sorry but its becoming more and more obvious as this thread goes on that you dont really know what your talking about.i have worked with gearboxes for over 10years now and rebuilt over 1000..about 50 of them are subaru boxes..but hey dont take my word for it will you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest keltik

Your failing to take into account the strength of the casing and the front diff. As far as i was aware - that doesnt change with a dog gearset. Sure the gears are a bit stronger - but your still going to break shit if your not nice and drive it like you stole it for 200,000kms

Guest boostcut
 hijacka']

[quote name='BC5RA said:

/quote]

+1 its the f***wit smashing it through the gears like a mad man rowing with one oar.

and hijacka,

a dogbox isnt going to solve strength problems that you are talking about. the gearbox is still weak while changing gears if not done nicely.

A dogg box is pretty much indestructable,they have wider gear faces that are straight cut and in most cases bigger,tougher shafts and they do not use a synchromesh assembly.sorry but its becoming more and more obvious as this thread goes on that you dont really know what your talking about.i have worked with gearboxes for over 10years now and rebuilt over 1000..about 50 of them are subaru boxes..but hey dont take my word for it will you.

what a load of shit. if you dont use these correctly they too need major servicing, infact all the rally cars i have worked on, have multiple boxes and are pulled down every 2-3 rallys for crack testing and replacement.

oh and dog has one g.

^ unless it has a monster tacho.

Any gearbox is breakable. Fastfour demonstrated that the almighty diamond-plated 6MT can also die a horrible, painful death.

And let's face it. If you DO drive like it's not yours, an AWD car is going to chew drivetrain components. Some are just either older, or more fragile, than others. There's a weakest link somewhere in the chain.

Shale said:

^ unless it has a monster tacho.

Any gearbox is breakable. Fastfour demonstrated that the almighty diamond-plated 6MT can also die a horrible, painful death.

And let's face it. If you DO drive like it's not yours, an AWD car is going to chew drivetrain components. Some are just either older, or more fragile, than others. There's a weakest link somewhere in the chain.

In Fastfours case it was a component failure. You don't see the like of stripped gear clusters.

boostcut']

[quote name='BC5RA said:

/quote]

and hijacka,

what a load of s***. if you dont use these correctly they too need major servicing, infact all the rally cars i have worked on, have multiple boxes and are pulled down every 2-3 rallys for crack testing and replacement.

oh and dog has one g.

OMG..A spelling nazi!

Hang on pal!You are missing my txt.. i said they are pretty much indestructable! not totally indestructable!If it breaks the casing you replace it,if it breaks the pinion or crown wheel then you replace that..(i bet you didnt know that you can also change the ratio of a sub box!)..and i take it you wernt the one pulling down all these rally cars and breaking them apart and replacing parts and putting them back together.because if you were they would prob be as limp as that 2legged horse of yours lol!

I'm not here to argue with you any more on this subject k..because the fact is you don't no what you are talking about and can only comment on other post with speculation and cant help the op out with first hand info straight from the horses mouth 'so to speak' in regards to subaru gearboxes. You really are legend in your own mind!

4wd drifts are gay!!!dont delay!! RWD your subby box today!!!;)

Shale said:

This is true and for that I'm thankful one waits in the wings for my car...

Speaking of breakable. Wonder how breakable the N/A boxes are... ;D

They are very breakable..especially in 1st and 2nd gear.they have much thinner 1st and 2nd gears combined with a thrust plate,3rd and 4th are about the same but the have less teeth on the syncros and so does 1st and 2nd.the good thing about a non turbo box is you will usually find the center diff to be in good condition because the vicous cartridge would have had a much easier life so you can use a center diff from a non turbo box..hell you can even swap the lot over to a turbo front casing but dont exspect it to last thou and i dont recommend it at all

Guest keltik
 hijacka said:

OMG..A spelling nazi! OMG a penis who cant spell

Hang on pal!You are missing my txt.. i said they are pretty much indestructable! not totally indestructable!If it breaks the casing you replace it,if it breaks the pinion or crown wheel then you replace that..How does that make them pretty much indestructable?

(i bet you didnt know that you can also change the ratio of a sub box!)I bet he did know that

..and i take it you wernt the one pulling down all these rally cars and breaking them apart and replacing parts and putting them back together.because if you were they would prob be as limp as that 2legged horse of yours lol! Youd be wrong

I'm not here to argue with you any more on this subject k..because the fact is you don't no what you are talking about GO fuck your mother - you clearly dont know anything so quit irritating the people who do

4wd drifts are gay!!!dont delay!! RWD your subby box today!!!;)Uh yeah...and RWD Subaru handling is deadly

Mate can you please f*** off? Your post is a load of bollocks and i cant be arsed explaining why

Edit: Nevermind, i did it anyways

keltik']

[quote name='hijacka said:

OMG..A spelling nazi! color=red]OMG a penis who cant spell[/color]

Hang on pal!You are missing my txt.. i said they are pretty much indestructable! not totally indestructable!If it breaks the casing you replace it,if it breaks the pinion or crown wheel then you replace that..How does that make them pretty much indestructable?

(i bet you didnt know that you can also change the ratio of a sub box!)I bet he did know that

..and i take it you wernt the one pulling down all these rally cars and breaking them apart and replacing parts and putting them back together.because if you were they would prob be as limp as that 2legged horse of yours lol! Youd be wrong

I'm not here to argue with you any more on this subject k..because the fact is you don't no what you are talking about GO f*** your mother - you clearly dont know anything so quit irritating the people who do

4wd drifts are gay!!!dont delay!! RWD your subby box today!!!;)Uh yeah...and RWD Subaru handling is deadly

Mate can you please f*** off? Your post is a load of bollocks and i cant be arsed explaining why

Edit: Nevermind, i did it anyways

Why not because you can't or don't know either? Who do you think you are?the owner of clubsub?this is i free site and i'll post what i like.so in saying that you can f***off aswell.im sick of you bundy wanaby mechanics spaming up google with your endless bulls*** rants and raves of what you think may or maynot be different without any facts at all just pure guess work and ..And i think whats pissing you off even more is the fact im new to clubsub and a hell of alot switched on than you!!!!I think some of you type that much crap on here you start to believing your own bulls***!LMAO

Guest keltik

Haha get fucked mate. Im sick of twats who dont want to talk about things or consider alternatives. Closed minded buggers like you.

If you want to have a conversation - im happy to entertain it, but if your going to spew out a load of bollocks - go home.

And no i dont own clubsub - but ive been here long enough to know whos who and who knows their shit.

keltik said:

Haha get f***ed mate. Im sick of twats who dont want to talk about things or consider alternatives. Closed minded buggers like you.

If you want to have a conversation - im happy to entertain it, but if your going to spew out a load of bollocks - go home.

And no i dont own clubsub - but ive been here long enough to know whos who and who knows their s***.

LMAO!! You have it around the wrong way m8..your the one with a closed mind and im the 1 with the ability to separate fact from fiction,what are you 22? ive been rebuilding gearboxes since you were still in intermedate school have some f***en respect! you guttless keyboard troll!

Guest keltik

Get bent. Just because youve been doing something ass backwards for 10 years - doesnt give you the right to declare yourself master of the gearbox. Im not saying im an expert - im just saying you should be respecting the opinion of some people on here.

So far in this thread, 3 different people who i respect and believe know their stuff have contradicted you. Yet you decide to just insult them instead of making your point clear.

Whos really the closed minded one?

ok then, seeing you know so much about gearboxes can you answer this simple quiz question?:

When changing the front diff ratio over in a 5spd turbo subaru gearbox apart from changing the pinion and crown wheel what else do you need to change inside the box?tick tok the clock is ticking......

Guest keltik

Nothing so far as i know. Havent done it but have researched it.

Whats this supposed to prove? Arent you listening or do your ears need some cleaning? Im not saying i know more than you - im saying you come across as a twat and you shouldnt really be slagging off other members you dont even know

keltik said:

Nothing so far as i know. Havent done it but have researched it.

Whats this supposed to prove? Arent you listening or do your ears need some cleaning? Im not saying i know more than you - im saying you come across as a twat and you shouldnt really be slagging off other members you dont even know

Do you think just because you have nearly 3000 post it makes you more of a expert?WAKEUP BOY! your dreaming again!!

Lets settle this once and for all m8. The question is a simple one from one expert to another so called expert(you) just to make the so called expert look like a dick(thats you im talking about)because in realty you really are a dick. i do not need ears on threads, only eyes you popus pea brain little boy mahahaha. Its not me thats coming across as a twat.the twat your seeing is the reflection from the computer screen(which is also you). If you knew anything about gearboxes then you wouldnt have qouted me and would be answering this question with ease..this is a question you cant google (as you have found out) which also shows the extent of your knowledge(google) and proves you dont have any experience in this field which makes me wonder why the hell are you even here, do you think your experienced because you can use google? or is it google chrome?lol.

The answer to the question is: The speedo gear.

see not a hard question! sure you would have known this seeing you know everything else ay google boy LMAO..

think about how many people will be pissing themself laughing at you.shame m8 shame.beaten by a newbee ;D

hijacka,

You have received a warning for inappropriate activity. Please grow up, it may be a free site, but you can still be removed from it.

you are new, insulting and attacking our long time members will not get you far at all here.

Regards,

The ClubSUB Team.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it little man, funny how quick you are to dob me in isnt it lol! And For what? because your a long term member and you disaggree with me and i proved you wrong! newtons 3rd law is every reaction theres a equal and oppisite reaction.i was simply responding to your post and you get all pissy and nark on me for nothing because you don't wana face up to the fact your wrong.(Its called little mans disease incase your wondering what you have keltik!).

Guest keltik
 hijacka said:

Don't dish it out if you can't take it little man, funny how quick you are to dob me in isnt it lol!

I didnt do shit. Ive been busy the last few hours. Maybe Paul just got sick of your drivel. You still fail to realise im not saying im smarter than you. Im just saying your a twat.

CUDDAS']

[quote name='BC5RA said:

/quote]

and hijacka,

Alot of sh1t went down in here by the looks aye.

the length of the main shaft & the 2 piece split casing made it prone to flex & the shaft to twist which will destroy the box & made them weak, plus the helical gears have thrust pushing them sideways & adding presure on the bearings.

maybe why the 6sp has the tunnel type of casing, & the dogs are tough when you know how to use them, but if you dont get it right getting used to it you will break or damage a dog which would be expensive.

you could always add a few more dowels to the casing for some strength,

Thats a good thoery, but the shifting of a dogbox is not what i would call a weakness but more a downside, its up to the driver to learn how to shift a dog box properly and once mastered you can take advantage of lighting fast changes and precise control. like anything you must learn how to drive and respect it before you can unlock the advantages and a dogbox is no different, having too match engine revs and time the shifts correctly.Also a dog box wont break the selecting teeth inside due to incorrect shifting just some embarrassing clashing of metal will acure and you may course general wear after awhile but wont break, also you might get a little flex inside the gearbox and will be more evident with worn out front and rear bearings..just speaking from my experience i personally i have never seen a subaru gearbox split or crack due to power alone. i've seen them smash the front diff and crack the casing, seen them crack due to accident damage and bottoming out on a hard surface and ive seen teeth been spat through the casing but never seen a subaru gearbox crack from horses. not saying it hasn't happened before because no doubt it has, just saying it may not be as common as you may think.

keltik']

[quote name='hijacka said:

Don't dish it out if you can't take it little man, funny how quick you are to dob me in isnt it lol!

/quote]

I didnt do s***. Ive been busy the last few hours. Maybe Paul just got sick of your drivel. You still fail to realise im not saying im smarter than you. Im just saying your a twat.

please insert tui here---(tui slot).